Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!

Article about: Caleb here With the wind blowing like it is today in North Texas, I've decided to sit on my rear-end and delve into some AWESOME HISTORY ARTIFACTS! Now, I am assuming Stan earned these ribbo

Cool WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!

Caleb here

With the wind blowing like it is today in North Texas, I've decided to sit on my rear-end and delve into some AWESOME HISTORY ARTIFACTS! Now, I am assuming Stan earned these ribbons in 1944-46 because? that was the time he served overseas as part of the 328th Infantry Regiment/26th Infantry Div. It appears Stan had good conduct So we have that medal, and obviously there is a Purple Heart! I'm not sure if this was Stan's. Can you guys/gals tell he was awarded a Bronze Star with these Ribbons? I can't find Stan's Bronze star, the "actual medal." There are a couple of Odd-looking to me, ribbons here. I have made sure to examine them closer with my camera lol. The Expert Rifle, Pistol Badge is sweet! It has the markings "Sterling" on the back of it. Now the Rifle with the blue back ground, I'm assuming that is something related to the 328th infantry regiment. The book those Badges or Pins are laying on is titled "The History of the 328th Infantry Regiment," and on one of the very first pages there is an illustration of that particular rifle badge with blue in the background. I wonder what this one is actually called?

I hope y'all enjoy these photos. I had fun getting all Stan's stuff out today. I am asking a favor from my friends here on the forums. Will y'all please help me figure out what these ribbons are?! I think I know a few of them. They are very apparent and I learned about them from the first night on this website. A list would help out tremendously. I tried to infer that I know what some of those ribbons are. The green guy with the stars on it? That was/is tricky to me because one has two stars on the ribbon, the other has one, then there is the one that is missing it's stars.

Anyways, Enjoy the photos! If I can provide better quality photographs, and or more details regarding the ownership of these medals to help confirm in anyway... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I CAN DO THAT! lighting and everything was kinda mediocre today. I hope everyone is having an awesome day.

PEACE AND LOVE, CALEB

WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!WWII Service Ribbons and ALL THEIR GLORY!

P.S. Here are some Wings. I do believe its sterling silver. there is a tag on the back as if he bought this one from somewhere. This label reads "138 A.F. 2inch A-Crew Sterling." This item was priced at $25.00.
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 03-31-2019 at 12:45 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar

The what am I, I believe is a certificate of merit ribbon. I may be overlooking it but I do not see a bronze star ribbon in the pictures.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

The second what is it is a good conduct just faded . The blue pin with the rifle is a combat infantry badge . Gary

?

The wings are just what is on the tag on back A-crew...for Air Crew member......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

MAP
    ?

A nice little collection. Something I'm working on these days as well. The Good Conduct is WW2 era given the slot brooch.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

VFW Ribbon

Faded

Combat Infantry Badge...awarded to infantryman who saw combat.

Nothing about any ribbons every indicates a Bronze Star, outside of a Bronze Star Ribbon. HOWEVER, following the war, it was declared that EVERY recipient of the Combat Infantry Badge was entitled to the Bronze Star, they just had to put in for it. As most vets were out of service before this decision was implemented, the majority of CIB holders never put in for one.

MAP
    ?

This should help with ID'ing most of your ribbons.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Very cool. Thanks for posting. It was windy and blah down here in Central Texas too, so I stayed indoors and played in my war room as well.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    The second what is it is a good conduct just faded . The blue pin with the rifle is a combat infantry badge . Gary
    Thanks Gary. Glad you stopped by, I knew something was different with that "pink color." Nice eye. Do you happen to know when those Combat Infantry Badges were used? As in what role they played with the soldier who owned them, when did he wear those, if ever?

Cool

BRIG SAID: Nothing about any ribbons every indicates a Bronze Star, outside of a Bronze Star Ribbon. HOWEVER, following the war, it was declared that EVERY recipient of the Combat Infantry Badge was entitled to the Bronze Star, they just had to put in for it. As most vets were out of service before this decision was implemented, the majority of CIB holders never put in for one.
    Amazing. WOW. Thanks for the information regarding the CIB. There is a paper regarding his Separation from the military, and it lists some of his duties. Also it lists combat areas so on. ALSO it lists his awards and THAT is why I brought the Bronze Star up.

BRIG, do you happen to know what the stars are on the EAME RIBBONS?

Sincerely, Caleb
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 03-31-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: 10th grade web tech class coding, cat on me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast