Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo

Article about: Hi guys, bought this box of Steyr m95 ammo, box dated 1939, The ammo itself is dated 1938. What could of caused that? and is the ammo valuable?

Default 1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo

Hi guys, bought this box of Steyr m95 ammo, box dated 1939, The ammo itself is dated 1938. What could of caused that? and is the ammo valuable?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo   1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo  

1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo  

ian
    ?

Default Re: 1939 Dated box of Steyr m95 Carbine ammo

the cause would be ,, manufacture to stock ,,,, order recieved ,,,packing and despatch ,,, in the days before J.I.T stock was not costed by stupid accountants so stock could be 1 to 3 or more years old before order and delivery ,,,cheers ian
    sorry i should be cleerer J.I.T meens just in time ,,a japanease idea ie dont manufacture untill you have the order .it never has realy worked but accountants love it ,,cheers again ian

Kinda of a weird way to fill the orders on ammo..there was a guy across from the guy I bought this from who had 5 boxes of this stuff, the guy also had a a 1943 P38 in very nice condition I wish I could of bought it

ian
    ?

i dont see it as wierd back in those days they would make a batch of say 1,000000 rds and put them in stock ,knowing that the owners of there rifles would nead ammo ,and it was there ready for imediate delivery ,no stand off time , customers like that ,,but nowerdays if you order say 20,000 rds you willl be told yea you can have it in 2 weaks , ,,,,see what i mean

I do now

ian
    ?

glad i could be of help to you youngster , in later life you will come accross this problem in many other ways and it will drive you mad ,, when you want to buy something ,, they will want you to pay for it and then they will make it and deliver it IE they are using your money to pay for it to be made
    its a bummer when you waant it now ,, the old way in my eyes was better
    but i hope it explanes your date differences for you ,,and your box of bulets is exactly as it should be ,, look after them , i worked for steyr for 14 months in Vienna and they still do things in the old way ,, much to the discust of there new owners ,good old ,General Dynamics ,

Thanks for clearing my question up Ian

Hey i have a box of those rounds as well with the same dates but i smashed my camera lol anyways dont you love the detail of the little eagles!

The detail on the eagles is pretty good lol

Hi Homer, I have seen vast numbers of this ammo marked 1939 with 1938 and even 1937 ammo packaged inside. Two years ago, at a show in Oklahoma, there was a guy that had 100 of these boxes. I bought two, but I don't remember what I paid for them. The markings are very cool, but they are not all that valuable. Maybe in six years when you graduate from college, they'll be worth more.

Take care,
    Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast