Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..

Article about: Here is another one I picked up, it is a 1952 dated HEP projo that would have been used on hardened targets (I.E. Bunkers, Road block, Etc.) used in Korea and Vietnam on all tanks that had t

kphfun
    ?

Default 1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..

Here is another one I picked up, it is a 1952 dated HEP projo that would have been used on hardened targets (I.E. Bunkers, Road block, Etc.) used in Korea and Vietnam on all tanks that had the 90mm gun. This is the first 90mm HEP I have found as all the rest have been A.P. of different types or Canister rounds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..   1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..  

1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..  

Default Re: 1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..

Very nice....Very nice indeed. Someone has taken good care of that over the last 50 years

Steve T

kphfun
    ?

Thanks Steve. It seems that someone had sandblasted it for a repaint at some time but never got around to painting it. I will take care of that

Cheers, Kevin

kphfun
    ?

Woo Hooo, I finely found a proper KW dated case that was not junk for my squash head projectile. The case is in cherry condition with no dents. Both the brass case and primer are dated 1953.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..  

Now doesn't that just make your YEAR !

The right case for the right projectile and the right year......awesome

Steve T

1952 dated 90MM HEP Projectile..Attachment 412519 Hello everyone. My search brought me to this site and kphfun's post. I got this 90mm projectile (dated 1952) and casing (dated 1953) and while my projectile is the same my casing looks a fair bit longer. Can anyone explain to me the difference between these casings and their application? Thanks.

Dave
    Last edited by Willythickfoot; 10-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.