Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 big KM shell cases.

Article about: Guys, Like the flak 18, rescued before going on the laith to be restored to shiny! No idea what they were for one is 1936 the other 1940 the latter with a KM Waffen-Amt Mark. I have tried to

Default 2 big KM shell cases.

Guys,

Like the flak 18, rescued before going on the laith to be restored to shiny! No idea what they were for one is 1936 the other 1940 the latter with a KM Waffen-Amt Mark. I have tried to hi-lite where the markings are as they remain uncleaned.

They are 75cm high and I recon 105mm caliber.

The top marking is a P over C/33.

Do any of you ammo buffs have any ideas?

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 big KM shell cases.   2 big KM shell cases.  

2 big KM shell cases.   2 big KM shell cases.  

2 big KM shell cases.  

Default Re: 2 big KM shell cases.

No-one got any ideas?

Jock

?

Did you try a simple Google search? I just input Kriegsmarine C/33, which is on the case there, and found the standard 10,5cm SK C/33 L/65 heavy flak gun...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Did you try a simple Google search? I just input Kriegsmarine C/33, which is on the case there, and found the standard 10,5cm SK C/33 L/65 heavy flak gun...
    Matt,

To be honest I didn't as I thought it would be harder than that, there you go!

Jock

?

Ah, well if you'd just tried 'C/33', then you probably wouldn't find anything but the qualifier 'Kriegsmarine' helps immeasurably; really as long as none of the search parameters you need is associated with something for sale, you usually find what you're looking for fairly easily LOL

Oh and that's a C/22 electric primer there- towed artillery used percussion primers mostly (C/12 types), but more mechanized guns (tanks, ship turrets, etc.) already using a power supply had electrical firing systems.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Both are nice C/33 flak gun cases. Still looking for one though, So if.............

Quote by thekees View Post
    Both are nice C/33 flak gun cases. Still looking for one though, So if.............
    What have you got to swap? where in the world are you?

Jock

In the Netherlands, and for swap, PM me, we will find something