Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

2 cm Flak round identification

Article about: Greetings, Can anyone provide any information about this fuze and bullet? I had never seen this type before and I haven't been able to find information about which type of 2 cm bullet had a

Default 2 cm Flak round identification

Greetings,
    Can anyone provide any information about this fuze and bullet?
    I had never seen this type before and I haven't been able to find information about which type of 2 cm bullet had a grey marking.
    2 cm Flak round identification2 cm Flak round identification2 cm Flak round identification2 cm Flak round identification

?

This is just a very early HE-T ( high explosive tracer) round, I have seen other examples with this colour scheme. Is there a AZ imprint anywhere on the fuze?

Either way this is a very cool shell!

Hi, thanks for the information.

All the markings on the fuze are: mM RhS 37 WaA424 3e, there is no AZ imprint. The round was most likely sent to Spain for the Civil war so it makes sense that it is an early model.

?

I think you ought to make an account with the BOCN forum (British ordnance collectors network) I tried finding a fuse to match yours but I cannot. This shell seems very interesting and I’m sure they can help you!

Ok, I haven't found this type of fuze in any database either so I'll make sure to ask for information about it in the BOCN forum.
    Thanks for the help.

?

I look forward to seeing it there

MW = Munitions Werke, Schoenebeck a.Elbe, Germany

Thanks for the information

The projectile doesn't belong to the 2 cm cartridge case as I initially believed. It hasn't been identified yet but it is very similar to a 20x80RB round and it has a Luftwaffe eagle marking.
    2 cm Flak round identification