Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

21000 lb bomb

Article about: Yesterday the USAF dropped a massive 21,000 lb bomb on a network of tunnels and caves ISIS occupied. It's the 1st of its kind to have been used, and is the largest piece of ordinance short o

CBH
    ?

They also had the precise location of the complex, after all it was built for the Mujahideen in the 1980's by the CIA.

That was the start of this Sh*tstorm when western money was poured into religious fundamentalism.
    Cheers Chris

PRE
    ?

Built FOR the muj BY the CIA...? I know this isn't a current events forum, but do you have a source for that?

CBH
    ?

I'll try and locate the article.
    Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

It was from The New York Times Magazine, Lost at Tora Bora, Sept. 11,2005 by Mary Ann Weaver.

I tried to link it, but I'm not that computer savvy.
    Cheers Chris

Quote by CBH View Post
    It was from The New York Times Magazine, Lost at Tora Bora, Sept. 11,2005 by Mary Ann Weaver.

I tried to link it, but I'm not that computer savvy.
    Allow me old bean.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Lo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Thank You Ned.
    Cheers Chris

Quote by CBH View Post
    Thank You Ned.
    No problem. A direct link wouldn't work for me, so had to post the Google page.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well it's all over 'tinterweb particularly Wikileaks but that is what it is. However, it is common knowledge (generally accepted I think) that when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan the CIA chummed up very closely with the Muj with a view to making life duifficult for Old Ivan and his bear, you know "my enemy's enemy is my friend" that sort of gig (which tends to come back and bite you in the arse these days!

Anyway, we all have surely heard of Tora Bora caves right? Well this is pretty much the same location so take a view

A quick look for something other than Wikileaks produced this;

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/11/ma...bora.html?_r=1

For my money this could have been predicted and to be honest MI6 pretty much did.

Regards

Mark

PS T'other lads nipped in whilst I was typing. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the mountains eh?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234