MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2cm HE-T Round

Article about: Hello folks. Another 20mm shell. These little things certainly are addictive! This one is a 'HE-T' example (High Explosive - Tracer), as denoted by the bright yellow paint on the projectile,

Default 2cm HE-T Round

Hello folks.

Another 20mm shell. These little things certainly are addictive!

This one is a 'HE-T' example (High Explosive - Tracer), as denoted by the bright yellow paint on the projectile, and the red band around its base, indicating a tracer element. This example is well-marked. Date markings are visible on the fuse, projectile and casing. Dated 1943, 1942 and 1944 respectively (the markings on the projectile are hard to read, but are just about visible through the paint). As with my AP-T example, there is some rust to the casing, and a little bit of wear and tear on the projectile. Unlike that example the primer is unpierced, having been chemically treated to deactivate it instead.

2cm HE-T Round2cm HE-T Round2cm HE-T Round2cm HE-T Round2cm HE-T Round

I have included a comparison shot with a 20mm Hispano HE round, to show the size difference between the two ammunition types.

2cm HE-T Round

Regards, B.B.

Nicely presented - thank you and well done.

Personally, I’d like to see one long running thread on these so everything’s in the same “book” but I know I’m in the minority on that....

Quote by Composite View Post
    Nicely presented - thank you and well done.

Personally, I’d like to see one long running thread on these so everything’s in the same “book” but I know I’m in the minority on that....
    That's something I could get behind, too. It would tidy the forum up a bit, and make referencing the information here much less of a hassle. Though at this point, I suspect it's too great of an undertaking to amalgamate all of the existing threads into one.

B.B.

I agree.....sadly.

...and yet everyone tells Newbies to do their research......but how many threads are they expected to work through...and don’t even get me started on the “Look what I’ve got here” headed Posts.

But all that has nowt to do with this new piece of yours. :-)

?

Alright then that’s it guys!
    This weekend (when I have the free time) I will start the dedicated 2cm flak thread and everyone will be welcome to contribute.

Really nice round btw!

Admirable......and then we can all sit back and watch the next guy post his under "Look what I've got" !

?

Brodie I thought it would be useful to share my example from the same dealer batch

I have realised these examples are actually quite unique. The standard fuze for these late war examples are the AZ49. Usually they have this large hole along the middle of the body (terminology poor atm I can’t be bothered to look through a manual)

However it appears both of our new examples are missing this hole. My fuze maker is CPN what is yours? We may have a interesting manufacturer variation 2cm HE-T Round 2cm HE-T Round

Here is what the AZ 49 fuzes usually look like on late war shells

2cm HE-T Round

Beautifully snapped.....

My fuse is also marked 'cpn', though it has a gouge to the metal which partially obscures the lettering.

B.B.

?

Yeah unfortunately the de ac process has damaged a few of my rounds As well.

Regardless it appears CPN liked to make their AZ49s differently!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast