Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30-06 Tracer and AP In Links

Article about: Alternately, remove offending round, load in hunting rifle, and go slot the vendor. Simples.

?

Default 30-06 Tracer and AP In Links

The tracer is marked RA40 and the AP FA41. Picked it up at a gunshow for $15.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 30-06 Tracer and AP In Links   30-06 Tracer and AP In Links  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Default Re: 30-06 Tracer and AP In Links

Very nice! but unusual the far right tracer is one position out to the right...

?

Quote by Torch View Post
    Darn,I will have to get my money back ASAP.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Oh I wouldnt..$15 is a fair price for the dated rounds and original .30 cal links...might have been incorrectly put back together after the belt was shortened...you can soon tell because the individual links are tight and would have left a fair amount of scratches on the casings if the belt has been pulled too pieces recently

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    darn,i will have to get my money back asap.
    That is funny.

?

Quote by Torch View Post
    Probably just loaded that way originally. Who was counting when they were fired ?

?

Definate possibility...still a fair price at $15

I've heard of people changing the 4 bit for their own purposes. I've heard of placing 5 rounds of tracer in a part of the belt to indicate to the gunner that he has x number of rounds left and also I've heard of x number of the first rounds in a belt to be tracer to use as a target indicator. Has anyone heard of other uses?

zwerge

Very nice buy but a shame that tracer is out of place. I agree that getting your money back would be the best option, closely followed by taking the offending round and and swopping it with the AP next to it. As a last resort, you could take a hacksaw to the end of the belt, chopping it off at the fourth AP round to bring it back into regulation.

Steve T

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    zwerge

Very nice buy but a shame that tracer is out of place. I agree that getting your money back would be the best option, closely followed by taking the offending round and and swopping it with the AP next to it. As a last resort, you could take a hacksaw to the end of the belt, chopping it off at the fourth AP round to bring it back into regulation.

Steve T

So many options,my head swims,I shall have to think on it overnight.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast