Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

.303 Blanks

Article about: I wanted to share these images with you as I was pleased to obtain some .303 Blank cartridges recently. If we consider how many rounds of .303 of all types were produced over the years it is

Default .303 Blanks

I wanted to share these images with you as I was pleased to obtain some .303 Blank cartridges recently. If we consider how many rounds of .303 of all types were produced over the years it is surprising that even here in the UK blanks are quite hard to find, and I am aware of only one manufacturer in Europe still producing .303 ammunition, (Privi Partisan)

Anyway, my little packaged collection came my way via another collector who was having a downsize, I love the fact that they have remained tied up with their bits of string for over 70 years now..........each of those knots is a unique piece of history....I love it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture .303 Blanks   .303 Blanks  

I really bet that you are not tempted to open one them, Garand ammo?

We were still firing wartime dated ammo when I was in the army cadets in the 1980s , put quite a few of these though the Bren gun and Enfield

CBH
    ?

I have a few RCAF blanks kicking around somewhere , if I get a chance I'll add a photo .

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    I really bet that you are not tempted to open one them, Garand ammo?
    Very tempting yes...........mussst resist..musttt resiiiissstttt........

Phil

- - ------- - -

Quote by kradman View Post
    We were still firing wartime dated ammo when I was in the army cadets in the 1980s , put quite a few of these though the Bren gun and Enfield
    Same here Kradman, in my case it was in the early seventies....happy days.

Phil

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have a few RCAF blanks kicking around somewhere , if I get a chance I'll add a photo .
    Please do chris....

?

Here are some that I have.If you do open them you might find a mixture of headstamps in there as they SOMETIMES used fired or reject cases and loaded them as blanks.....PETE.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture .303 Blanks   .303 Blanks  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

So would these blanks be used for grenade launching or for normal drill/practice?

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

I believe only for training , there was a powerful grenade launching blank also issued .

As far as I am aware these blanks were not used for grenade discharge, I believe the grenade discharger cartridge had a more powerful charge and could be identified by an 'H' prefix or suffix on the headstamp and the case was coloured although I can't recall which colour.

I have some other loose blanks which don't have this 'H' marking and have no other colour markings.

Not an expert on this.

Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast