Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

37mm pak 36 AP-HE

Article about: Thought i would share my most recent ordnance purchase. A 37mm shell casing for the pak 36.This example is quite interesting as the casing consists of steel base and brass body. I am not sur

?

Default 37mm pak 36 AP-HE

Thought i would share my most recent ordnance purchase. A 37mm shell casing for the pak 36.This example is quite interesting as the casing consists of steel base and brass body. I am not sure as to why however. I will update this thread when i do.

This complete round i will be honest, Is a mix n match example. A 38 dated casing with a 42 dated projectile fuze. I am not too fussed since visually it looks the part.

I wont get too bogged down into the specifics of each component since i dont think it’s necessary at the moment.

Here is the dates and codes for each component.
    Fuze on AP-HE projectile- edr-Sachsenwerk, Licht und Kraft AG- 1942

Shell casing-P222-Union-Gesellschaft für Metallindustrie, Sils van de loo & co-1938

Primer- Rh.S- Rheinmetall- 1937

Overall a pretty cool display piece. I will include a photo of the shell next to a 20mm AP round and a practice 7.92mm mauser round. To give scale! And there is also a war time manual diagram. To show what it would of looked like when made and to reveal internals.

Enjoy the photos.

37mm pak 36 AP-HE
    37mm pak 36 AP-HE
    37mm pak 36 AP-HE
    37mm pak 36 AP-HE
    37mm pak 36 AP-HE

As you said, a very nice display piece! Regardless of the mismatched components, it's a fantastic addition to your ordnance collection.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks brodie, I actually bought the 37mm projectile about a year ago for £10. As a placeholder for my 37mm flak shell (which is technically wrong as it used a slightly different AP projectile) . Good thing this casing came up then.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Thanks brodie, I actually bought the 37mm projectile about a year ago for £10. As a placeholder for my 37mm flak shell (which is technically wrong as it used a slightly different AP projectile) . Good thing this casing came up then.
    Completing a mini-project after a long period of time is always satisfying!

B.B.