Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

40mm Bofors Gun Shell Unknown

Article about: Hi all, got this 40mm Bofors shell, however I don't recognise the shell itself, dont know if it is a real one. obviously something is meant to be screwed on top. If anyone has any info and/

Default 40mm Bofors Gun Shell Unknown

Hi all, got this 40mm Bofors shell, however I don't recognise the shell itself, dont know if it is a real one. obviously something is meant to be screwed on top. If anyone has any info and/ or pictures that would be great. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 40mm Bofors Gun Shell Unknown   40mm Bofors Gun Shell Unknown  

Default Re: 40mm Bofors Gun Shell Unknown

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Hi all, got this 40mm Bofors shell, however I don't recognise the shell itself, dont know if it is a real one. obviously something is meant to be screwed on top. If anyone has any info and/ or pictures that would be great. Many thanks.
    Mmmm ive not seen one like this before! It may be a drill round. What are the headstampings on the base as these may give a clue. If its a drill round the words "DRILL" should be impressed somewhere. The High Explosive Bofors rounds all had a screw in nose fuze quite different from the one pictured by the way that they screwed down into the projectile body becoming flush with the projectile. Yours looks like some form of ballistic cap would be screwed onto the top??? Either way its interesting and try looking up 40-mm Bofors ammunition on the net as there may be a website somewhere with this type of projectile illustrated. Cheers for showing it. Regards, Tim.