Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse

Article about: I could use some help on these two. they are out of my collecting area. I'm pretty sure the grey one is a WW1 hand drop bomb, but I cant find what country or one like it on the net. I have l

?

Default need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse

I could use some help on these two. they are out of my collecting area. I'm pretty sure the grey one is a WW1 hand drop bomb, but I cant find what country or one like it on the net. I have looked for. I was going to sell it, and needed to look up a fair price on it. the second piece I'm guessing it is a fuse for Japanese naval ordinance, it has an anchor stamped in the base. a removable cap with kanji on it. I could use a value on it too please. or a place I can find the information. thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse   need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse  

need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse   need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse  

need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse   need ID help please. hand drop bomb and i think Japanese fuse  

The black cap part is just a pug not a fuse it would be removed before the fuse was fitted to the shell , The item looks like a trench art item with the head being fitted to a piece cut from the base of a Jap shell case , sorry cant help you with the bomb

?

thank you kradman. the Japanese piece seems to be one piece, just a lot of dust at the base. I had thought the cap would be removed to ad some thing else. but I think it is intended to be as it is rather than trench art, as it has no function like a lighter or ashtray etc.

Kradman is correct about the Japanese item being a trench art assembly. It's the projo and cartridge case base from a 25mm Japanese Hotchkiss AA round.

The little bomb is not a hand dropped item but is a WWI French 60mm pneumatic trench mortar shell. The mortar tube was attached to a large air flask and propelled the rounds with compressed air. They were a fairly popular souvenir in WWI based on the number I've seen or owned over the years.

Rick