Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8,8 cm german round ?

Article about: Hello Guys I am a new entry, so goodmorning to everybody. I will like to receive info about this 8.8 cm german ammo that I puchase few days ago. Thanks in advance for your help. Purcit - Ita

?

Default 8,8 cm german round ?

Hello Sir

I write from Italy, somebody can help me to recognize what type of 8,8cm is this round and what is its value?
    Somebody said me it is for Tigre tanks, but I read that panzer ammunition had electric primer.8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?8,8 cm german round ?
    Thanks in advance for help.
    Enrico - ITALY

?

Default 8,8 cm German Ammunition request INFO

Hello Guys

I am a new entry, so goodmorning to everybody.
    I will like to receive info about this 8.8 cm german ammo that I puchase few days ago.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Purcit - Italy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8,8 cm german round ?   8,8 cm german round ?  

8,8 cm german round ?   8,8 cm german round ?  

8,8 cm german round ?   8,8 cm german round ?  

8,8 cm german round ?  

It could be a tank round , can you see any markings on the bottom it will have to be KwK marked to be Tank ammo ,It could also be a Flak 88 round used in a ground use ,without seeing the markings it will be hard to tell

Looking at pics on the net on electric primed 88mm it looks legit I am not sure if the projectile is a Panzergranate PZGR 39 APCBC - HE or the Panzergranate PZGR 40 A.P round

Is the bag related to the round? Digl. R.P. = Diglykol Roerenpulver - a tubular propellant. KOD = Krumbach (Pulver) ohne Nitrate aber mit Dinitrotoluaol - a propellant. NH

It might be an AP shell type 40 but it looks like there is a tracer there too. I will post a graphic of similar shells later today. NH

This is a page on ordnance from the Picatinny Arsenal dictionary. Check the top line and see if any of them match up. We need better, clearer photos of the round. NH

8,8 cm german round ?

?

hello, thanks to everybody for the replies.
    I will provide asap to post more photos, I bought the round in Poland, I recognized that the case fit the electric primer C22, so I suppose it is to tank use, but ( I am not an expert ), the tip must be white and here it seems to be black ... anybody have a suggestion ??
    About the powder bag it is included in the 8,8cm when I bought it, so I suppose it is from this ammo. I read that German use this type of bag in the 8,8cm ( as in other type of ammo ), may be here in the forum there is an SUPER EXPERT that can give the true answer to this question.
    Apologize my bad English .
    I will post new photos asap.
    Thanks for any help.
    Enrico - Italy

The shell is a Pzrg 39, the normal panzer round, when marked with a white tip, its a pzrg39-1, other type of steel. Further as asked, it does have the small bodemzunder, with tracer, same as used in the KWK43, with the pzrg39/43. The primer C/22 is related tot he use in the Tiger tank, so it might be a complete round for the KWK gun.

?

Thanks for this info so it is all clear I will post more photos in the next days.
    Do you know who is the factory that use the manufacture code 680 on the case headstamp ?
    Thanks
    Enrico

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast