Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8mm Model 88 Ammo

Article about: I have a clip with five of these round nosed cartridges. Interestingly the seller claimed that there were no headstamps on the cartridges because they were made for the IRA and without stamp

?

Default 8mm Model 88 Ammo

This is for the German model 88 Commision rifle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8mm Model 88 Ammo  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: 8mm Model 88 Ammo

Nice!!!
    I got the rifle with belt, the bayonet and two clips. Now I only need the ammo for it, but can't find it anywhere!!!
    Is your clip marked?

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Nice!!!
    I got the rifle with belt, the bayonet and two clips. Now I only need the ammo for it, but can't find it anywhere!!!
    Is your clip marked?Regards
    Same here ! need ammo (inert !) for empty clips !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8mm Model 88 Ammo   8mm Model 88 Ammo  

?

The only mark on the clip is...II...the cartridge case is the standard 7.92x57mm mauser,but the bullets are .318 rather than .323 and are round nosed.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Zwerge, one of mine is also marked "II", the other with an "O" (what these mean I have no idea !), these rounds are extremley difficult to find/obtain, you are lucky to have a clip full ! Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve and Zwerge,
    One of mine is marked 'II' and the other one 'S' or something. I think these are maker marks, because I saw the 'S' mark before on an Imperial M16 helmet.
    Here are some pics.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8mm Model 88 Ammo   8mm Model 88 Ammo  

8mm Model 88 Ammo   8mm Model 88 Ammo  

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Hi Steve and Zwerge,
    One of mine is marked 'II' and the other one 'S' or something. I think these are maker marks, because I saw the 'S' mark before on an Imperial M16 helmet.Here are some pics.Regards
    Ingrid, well spotted and remembered ! it is indeed a known mm of the Stahlhelm, a superimposed "S over H" stamp is "Siemens & Halske A.G.", of Siemenstadt in Berlin (they made the M16 in size 60 only). By the way , is your G88 an "88/S" as it is fitted with a spring loaded cover over the clip ejection opening on the bottom of the magazine housing.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Ingrid, well spotted and remembered ! it is indeed a known mm of the Stahlhelm, a superimposed "S over H" stamp is "Siemens & Halske A.G.", of Siemenstadt in Berlin (they made the M16 in size 60 only).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve,
    I'm curious for what 'II' stands for.

Regards

This is the book to have, if you have an 88'......(lousy photo, but hey, its getting late !)...... Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8mm Model 88 Ammo  

Quote by oradour View Post
    This is the book to have, if you have an 88'......(lousy photo, but hey, its getting late !)...... Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks again Steve,
    I saw that book before. There was one for sale on an auction site last month, it went for 15 euros.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast