Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

9mm Ammunition

Article about: Hi Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. You are extremely fortunate to have an example of an RTS, even if it is not in the best of condition. It looks like it has come out of t

Default 9mm Ammunition

Living on a small island, the strangest things often appear from no-where.

I am fortunate enough to own several pistols on the island (all legal) and some of my fellow shooters know that I collect ammunition.(Mainly .303)

This may be a silly question to those with more knowledge, and i do not advocate telling anyone the price for an item but......................

i'm kinda stumped because I've just been offered 3 original cartons (each with 16 rounds in) of 9mm Ammo.
    2 are WW1 One dated 1917, the other dated 1918. And one WW2 dated 1942. All of the heads are matching, the cartons are open, but not torn, both of the WW1 cartons are blue in colour and none have been fired. The WW2 ones are the standard Army issue ( I have a few cartons of those)

I want to own them to keep, not to shoot, and neither I nor the guy selling? them can come up with a price. So what would be a fair offer for them do you think?
    I don't want to low ball and insult, but then I don't want to put a great big smile on his face

Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks guys

I own a few 9mm boxes for my p38 and I paid between 15 and 20 usd. Nice to have for display.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I take it the 1917/18 ammo is the truncated cone 9mm Luger-is the 1942 parabellum round nose or Luger 9mm ammo?

I know mine is the parabellum. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I take it the 1917/18 ammo is the truncated cone 9mm Luger-is the 1942 parabellum round nose or Luger 9mm ammo?
    yes it is

?

If you are just buying them as examples of WWI and WWII boxes then I suggest in the UK the prices will be £15-£25 each for the WWI and £10-£15 for the WWII, depending on condition.

However, if either are from rare or unusual manufacturers the prices will be considerably higher.

I imagine the WWI boxes will contain the round nosed bullet types, as by 1917 most manufacturers had switched from the truncated cone.

What are you looking for in .303 inch?

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Thanks for that Tony, I was hoping you'd chip in. I've offered £50 for the lot, as there's a few "nice" .303's in the bunch, along with a 30's box

I'm after early ones if I can get them. I have about 1000 14-18 dated and a lot through the years up to the Greek HXP in the 80's but very few pre 1900's I've got an 1899 blank which is "different" to say the least I've also got quite a few explosive, incendiary and AP's oh and a couple of "trial rounds" an RTS and pommeroy

?

Hi

I would be interested in what you think are "nice" .303s!

Can you post pictures of your explosive/ Pomeroy/RTS rounds please?

I am in the process of starting to dispose of a collection of a close friend for his family. Although it is mostly British sporting rifle he had a fair number of decent .303s. There are Mark II, IV and V by the usual manufacturers and some early Mark V blanks. When I have it properly sorted I will post details.

Is your 1899 blank one of the extended neck type?

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

I am away in the uk until Sunday Tony. So I'll post some pictures when I get back

Just a few photos of my humble .303 collection tony.....

The RTS and Pomeroy have been de-activated as Nitro glycerine does not sit well over time

I'm afraid the photos are not too good as they are all behind glass, but it is an interesting hobby. I am in the final throws of obtaining my RFD with section 5 authority, which I'm hoping will open a few doors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 9mm Ammunition   9mm Ammunition  

9mm Ammunition   9mm Ammunition  

9mm Ammunition  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast