Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ammunition and tracers? identification

Article about: Gentlemen Please help me identify the tracers and confirm Turkish ammo. Turkish 1942, from what I can tell, and reloads?. And the other just tracers? I was under the impression that tracers

Default Ammunition and tracers? identification

Gentlemen

Please help me identify the tracers and confirm Turkish ammo. Turkish 1942, from what I can tell, and reloads?. And the other just tracers? I was under the impression that tracers were loaded between every 5 rounds? I'm not sure what these are, really.

I assume many collect these items so I think I have a good chance in getting a response. The pictures aren't in sequence, sorry.

Greenhorn

Ammunition and tracers? identificationAmmunition and tracers? identificationAmmunition and tracers? identificationAmmunition and tracers? identificationAmmunition and tracers? identificationAmmunition and tracers? identification
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: Ammunition and tracers? identification

I can't tell you much about the Turkish ammo except it's military FMJ. The linked ammo is 308 or 7.62 for a M60. Also they are not tracers but "live" blanks.

Burt

?

The linked ammo is 7.62x51 blanks made by Lake City in 1985,the others are 8mm Turk ammo....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    I can't tell you much about the Turkish ammo except it's military FMJ. The linked ammo is 308 or 7.62 for a M60. Also they are not tracers but "live" blanks.

Burt
    Thanks Burt, what in the world would blanks be used for in an M60? Practice? hmmm, interesting.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    The linked ammo is 7.62x51 blanks made by Lake City in 1985,the others are 8mm Turk ammo....Pete.
    Thank you, sir. I was hoping you would see this post, as you list ammo quite often.

?

Hi,the links are M13 links and used in the M60 as Burt said,the HS on the Turk ammo TC means Turkiye Cumhuriyeti,means Turk Arsenal I think.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi,the links are M13 links and used in the M60 as Burt said,the HS on the Turk ammo TC means Turkiye Cumhuriyeti,means Turk Arsenal I think.
    As Pete said, for the 7.92x57mm, TC is the acronym of Turkiye Cumhuriyet (Turkish Republic), as for FS is the short for Fishek (cartridge, ammo).
    Regards, Thanos.

Tracer is indicated by red - or a combination of red with a yellow band,
    and AP is black - but on the tips of actual bullets, not hollow
    or crimped blank cartridges.........
    Regards,

Steve.

And one last piece of info for you, to add to that already given, the circle with the cross through it on your links is the NATO mark. Shows the item is approved for NATO military use.

Steve T

Blank ammo in any weapon is intended to simulate battle conditions for operating the weapon as well as the noise of battle-the M60 uses a special barrel for use with the blank link but most other weapons have an attachment that fits on the end of the barrel to act as a 'cork' to allow gas pressure to build up to operate the action. I have seen an M60 on a tripod at night fire off a whole belt of tracers simply as a 'yipee' display for the troops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast