Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone recognize this?

Article about: Item was found in a bag with WW2 era Ordnance Items, most of it Japanese.

blastwave21
    ?

Default Anyone recognize this?

Item was found in a bag with WW2 era Ordnance Items, most of it Japanese.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone recognize this?  

Default Re: Anyone recognize this?

i have no idea !

Most likely post WW2. It looks like a fuse on the pro joe, that they may well have been used in the 'War of Northern Aggression' or sooner. But I don't really know.

Yes mate, its a painter & decorators plumbline ! I've got two of basically similar design. Obviously, the string would've been longer originally. I think perhaps the location you found the line has thrown you a bit.

Quote by fouldsie View Post
    Yes mate, its a painter & decorators plumbline ! I've got two of basically similar design. Obviously, the string would've been longer originally. I think perhaps the location you found the line has thrown you a bit.
    Gol dang, Ya sure cleared that one up fouldsie!

I knew that I had seen one before.. It took a week but I found it it is a Japanese WW2 fuse for a Type 99 (1939) Bangalore Torpedo.. Here are some picts from two different books on Japanese WW2 ordnance....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone recognize this?   Anyone recognize this?  

Anyone recognize this?  
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thumbs up Re: Anyone recognize this?

You sure know yer stuff Mr. Grist! Good thing your on this forum!

Thanks that means a lot.... I try to do my best...BILL

Easy way to find out.

See that string hanging out the bottom ? Give it a good hard yank. If nothing happens, it's a plumline. If your hand gets blown off, its a fuse for a bangalore AND that'll teach you not to take my advice

relichunter

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs !! ( Lancashire expression implying deep surprise ! ) I stand most humbly corrected. That'll larn me to keep my trap shut till I'm sure of what I'm saying ! Perhaps more to the point, maybe I need to be taking a closer look at the 'plumblines' I've got lurking in the bottom of a toolbox somewhere. Thanks, relichunter !

Quote by fouldsie View Post
    Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs !! ( Lancashire expression implying deep surprise ! ) I stand most humbly corrected. That'll larn me to keep my trap shut till I'm sure of what I'm saying ! Perhaps more to the point, maybe I need to be taking a closer look at the 'plumblines' I've got lurking in the bottom of a toolbox somewhere. Thanks, relichunter !
    Fouldsie, If you find any in your tool box and they are Japanese Let me know I am looking to purchase one..That is what is great about life we all learn something new everyday that we are alive...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast