Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

B.A.R magazine - need help

Article about: Hello Lads, I'm made Browning Automatic Rifle replica with my friend but have problem with original magazines, it's rare item to find [especially in Europe], so if we can't find two mags we

Default B.A.R magazine - need help

Hello Lads,

I'm made Browning Automatic Rifle replica with my friend but have problem with original magazines, it's rare item to find [especially in Europe], so if we can't find two mags we decided to try made it on our own [worth to try] I'm sure that some of you guys have some magazine and can to measure it. Any help will be much appreciate

Best Regards- K.

Default Re: B.A.R magazine - need help

Hey

Here ya go. Just in case you can't read the scale, (I tried to get directly above the mag but obviously failed miserably !), here are the measurements.

A = 14.5cm
    B = 12.4cm
    C = 8.7cm
    D = 2.4cm
    E = 1.3cm

However, note that the top is rounded and the base is held in place by the bent over side and end walls. Also note that the four sides of the mag are one solid sheet, folded over to form the 'rib' on the back of the magazine. Also note the smaller groove missing in your diagram on the opposite side to the wider groove.

Doesn't look too easy to make but best of luck !

Steve T

Hey! Thank you so much Steve- thet's exactly what I needed I'm planning to cut it from 1mm sheet metal, curve, arch it and weld like on latest picture you shoot. "However, note that the top is rounded and the base is held in place by the bent over side and end walls." - Yep, i will try to add some more few [3 or 4 mm] sheet there and bow it with hammer... I know it's very detailed kind of work but IT SHOULD WORK It just need to look like magazine thought

Thanks again for your help, Steve- I will shoot some photos when I finish.

Cheers, Kaizer.

No problem

Look forward to seeing the result