Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)

Article about: Guys, found these while cleaning the basement. Thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

Hal
    ?

Default BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)

Guys, found these while cleaning the basement. Thought you'd like to have a look. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)   BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)  

BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)   BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)  

A long time ago in a land far,far away....

?

Really cool find!

Neat Find Hal..can you take a few of them out and compare to the common 45 acp cartridge ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hal
    ?

Larry, here is a side view, if this helps...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BALL caliber .45 M1911(Lot F.C.1879)  

Thanks Hal

So I could safely assume it is the markings on the bottom of the casing that designates the age of production?
    I have many 45 acp ball cartridges but are from the last decade or so.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Nice. Wish I would find nice stuff like that down my basement
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very Nice Hal,
    Thanks for sharing them.
    That made me post my Steel cased version.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great stuff Hal

Hal
    ?

Hi Larry, sorry for the late reply. In answer to your question; My guess is as good as yours as to the markings or age of these cartridges. Best, Hal

The head stamp poses some conversation. I always thought the single digit 5 from FC was for 1945. The other side is 1955 with a single digit. I do not have a source to figure out the lot numbers. Nice ammo.
    John