Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Belt of Cases

Article about: Hello folks. A recent pickup, this one another nice little score from eBay. Fifty WWII-dated 7.92 shell cases, on a wartime belt. The belt itself is maker coded 'gcd'. The cases have a vast

Default A Belt of Cases

Hello folks.

A recent pickup, this one another nice little score from eBay. Fifty WWII-dated 7.92 shell cases, on a wartime belt. The belt itself is maker coded 'gcd'. The cases have a vast range of maker marks and dates, and include brass, copper and lacquered steel examples. I am not an expert on the maker marks for these cases, but the variety alone makes this a nice novelty, and a way of showcasing the change in usage of materials as the war progressed.

I know that realistically you would not have seen a belt of empty cases on the battlefield, as both the MG34 and MG42 separated the cartridges from the belt as they fired. But I think this is a nice way of displaying them.

A Belt of CasesA Belt of CasesA Belt of Cases

Regards, B.B.

4md
    ?

Nice variety of German cases, I like it, Nice find

MAP
    ?

Always wanted to get around 5 or 6 feet of these. They are perfect for adding to a display. Well done.

Now...do you have the ammo box to hang it out of?

A Belt of Cases
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Like this with a starter link

MAP
    ?

Such a tease!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Now that is pretty awesome Brodie. Cartridges should make quite a display.

I do have an ammo box, but it's a postwar Yugoslavian one. Plus another belt of cartridges, with the starter link, but the rounds are Yugo as well. I will pick up an original ammo box one of these days.

B.B.