Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Big rocket found on Eastern Front

Article about: Note:- The photo of one attached to the PAK has a striker that protrudes quite a way out, yet the one you show dug up has the striker pushed in, therefore i would suggest its primed and for

?

Default Re: Big rocket found on Eastern Front

Note:- The photo of one attached to the PAK has a striker that protrudes quite a way out, yet the one you show dug up has the striker pushed in, therefore i would suggest its primed and for some reason has not exploded, for all intents and purposes its a live ordnance, and i would expect quite a dangerous one and possibly in an unstable condition, great care should be taken here

?

The fuse looks a little strange to me. I have done some research on these fuses and they do not look like the one on the one i found. Also it does not look like they can be pushed in, without the head being damaged. I do not have the greatest desire to fiddle with it, but i would sure like to have here in deac condition.

It was found on some German artillery positions, right at the edge of a steep ridge/hillside. A logic place to have a anti tank gun protecting the big guns. I will have to look further into this.

Regards, Lars

maybe a dud?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12