Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Bomb ID

Article about: I was given this today and I have no idea what it is, it is all steel not big, but heavy and weighted at the nose, the centre is a hollow tube from front to back, the plunger depresses into

Default Bomb ID

I was given this today and I have no idea what it is, it is all steel not big, but heavy and weighted at the nose, the centre is a hollow tube from front to back, the plunger depresses into the hollow centre, my thought is maybe a hand dropped practice bomb, doesn't look british no markings, any ideas anyone ??????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bomb ID  

Default Re: Bomb ID

Quote by LustForRust View Post
    I was given this today and I have no idea what it is, it is all steel not big, but heavy and weighted at the nose, the centre is a hollow tube from front to back, the plunger depresses into the hollow centre, my thought is maybe a hand dropped practice bomb, doesn't look british no markings, any ideas anyone ??????
    I do not know, but I sure like it... It possible could be a pneumatic mortar bomb....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Here is a French Pneumatic Mortar Bomb in my collection...BILL
    Attached Images Attached Images Bomb ID  Bomb ID 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I have discovered it is an RFC 3lb hand dropped practice bomb.

http://navigator.rafmuseum.org/resul...ject&id=131971