Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Mills No.36 Grenade

Article about: This was an item I had fanicied buying for some years and I was happy to obtain this nice clean example with good original finish. The remains of the painted markings of the red "X"

Default British Mills No.36 Grenade

This was an item I had fanicied buying for some years and I was happy to obtain this nice clean example with good original finish.

The remains of the painted markings of the red "X"'s denote that the grenade was suitable for Tropical use, while the green band refers to explosive filling type. Overall the grenade has a shellac varnish finish.

Of course, the fuze and filling have been removed to render it inert.

If you want to find out more about these grenades, see these excellent websites:

Mills grenades

British "Mills Bomb" (1 of 3) - Inert-Ord.Net

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mills No.36 Grenade   British Mills No.36 Grenade  

British Mills No.36 Grenade  

Default Re: British Mills No.36 Grenade

Hey Ade, I have thrown these live in my basic training, they use to use supplement the L92 Grens we had to give us more throwing experience (and get rid of the last batch probably)
    Ben

No wonder I could not find one!

Cheers, Ade.

Never saw one of these before, it's a neat looking grenade!

Hi,
    I hope some one can help, I have some type 36 and No 5 grenades in my collection
    but the market seems to be drying up on the grenade front for buying.
    does anyone know where i can contact any dealers for them I collect W.W.1 / 2 grenades various types. I can sell you a Drill det and fuze for that grnd if you would like one. Dave. let me know [email protected]

I have 4 mills types in my collection ,
    from left to right
    Israeli Mills practice grenade
    No5 in complete INERT relic condition
    No36 restored from relic parts
    No36 Cutaway made from relic parts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mills No.36 Grenade  

?

Nice one Ade. I want a Type 36 British but never encountered one that I could keep.

Spotter, You do a really nice job on the cut aways. I have seen your work on another forum.

?

Dave , .. check your private messages

G.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    I hope some one can help, I have some type 36 and No 5 grenades in my collection
    but the market seems to be drying up on the grenade front for buying.
    does anyone know where i can contact any dealers for them I collect W.W.1 / 2 grenades various types. I can sell you a Drill det and fuze for that grnd if you would like one. Dave. let me know [email protected]

Ymeiasku
    ?

I've been searching for a grenade to go with my banded enfield no1 mk3. I haven't been able to find much info on which grenades were used in the cup style launchers. Any help on the subject would much appreciated.

Chris

?

Chris,
    I think you will find that just about all the 36 mills could be used in the cup discharger.
    The only difference might have been the time rating of the fuse fitted to the grenade .. which was done by the soldier anyhow.

Gary J.

Quote by Ymeiasku View Post
    I've been searching for a grenade to go with my banded enfield no1 mk3. I haven't been able to find much info on which grenades were used in the cup style launchers. Any help on the subject would much appreciated.

Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast