Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??

Article about: Greetings everyone, I picked this up in a small lot of shrapnel yesterday, and I have no idea what it is. The rest of the fuse pieces were from WWI German shells. They are well marked and ea

RZM
    ?

Default Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??

Greetings everyone,

I picked this up in a small lot of shrapnel yesterday, and I have no idea what it is. The rest of the fuse pieces were from WWI German shells. They are well marked and easily identifiable, but this one has no markings that I can see. It is about 3 inches in diameter, 3/4 of an inch thick, and weighs about a pound. My first thought was that it might be the fuse section of a landmine, but it seems to have taken quite an impact on the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??   Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??  

Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??  

Default Re: Can Anyone Help Identify this WWI(?) Fuse??

Just a guess but could it be the primer end of a shell case? The cutouts on the side look as though a tool could be inserted for means of tightening and it looks as though it has remnants of threads? I wish I could say with certainty but it d be my best guess. Best of luck and regards.

i have found something that is a very close match , have a look at this web page scroll down the page and you will find Percussion fuse 24/31 Mle 1914
    Passion & Compassion 1914-1918 : WW1 militaria and technical documentation - artillery fuses

RZM
    ?

That's it, Spotter! Thanks for the help. I searched that site, but I guess that one slipped by me!