MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone identify and tell me more about this shell

Article about: My mom took this shell from algeria back in the 80’s, i found it yesterday did Some Google Search on the Numbers on the bottom, found out iT was german ammo. There’s a P on top, to the left

Default Can someone identify and tell me more about this shell

My mom took this shell from algeria back in the 80’s, i found it yesterday did Some Google Search on the Numbers on the bottom, found out iT was german ammo. There’s a P on top, to the left a 2,on the bottom 38 and on the right waA406 with the eagle above it. Wondering what kind of ammo iT is and what it was used for. Does iT date back to the germans being in north Africa during ww2 or something else? Any feedback would be great there should be Some more Shells in the attic im trying to find them asap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone identify and tell me more about this shell   Can someone identify and tell me more about this shell  

does the "P" stand for "please" perhaps.....

Do u mean like p for Please on top�� or do u mean like if u have the answers 2 my question please? If its the second please feel free to answer my question sir.

...I’m simply trying to help you get an answer.......”please” and “thank you” tend to lubricate positive replies..........

Last edited by Martin C; 03-27-2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: pointless

?

It`s a German 20x138Bmm cartridge and was used mostly in light Flak cannons,some of these had up to 4 barrels (FlakVierling)…..Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Mr Kasim ...please would suffice in any request made here on this website...although not a rule or requisite but as a cordial agreement towards those who will be helping you...we get many people coming and going on this website never giving anything in return.

A cordial answer to those you have requested help from would be grateful from myself and the others here on this thread. Please doesnt cost anything

Thankyou
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok i understand, thnx very much for taking time to answer me, i didnt know if the comment was a joke or not, but i sincerely appreciate everyone taking time to help.

Thank u for your reply, i appreciate it very much

JB4046 should be along shortly.....he’s a 20mm man......

Good luck with your search

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast