Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell worth?

Article about: I have a german produced cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell casing that i picked up a while ago . I cant find any for sale online previously I would like to know if some one can help price it

?

Default Cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell worth?

I have a german produced cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell casing that i picked up a while ago . I cant find any for sale online previously Cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell worth?Cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell worth?Cockerill nordenfelt 57mm shell worth?

I would like to know if some one can help price it

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum JB.

We are a collectors forum and are happy to provide assistance in evaluating an item for authenticity, but forum rules dictate that we do not provide pricing evaluations. Not directed towards you. This rule applies to everyone.

But you have a very nice item. Congratulations!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry, we are not a free evaluation service.
    We are more than willing to help anyone determine what they have and if it is original.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Oh I'm sorry . I have started collecting not long ago and as obviously seen I am new. But thanks for clarifying that . This is a great forum and the community around it seems awesome. I look forward to future questions I may ask whether it be a dodgy item on eBay or a repro

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry . I have started collecting not long ago and as obviously seen I am new. But thanks for clarifying that . This is a great forum and the community around it seems awesome. I look forward to future questions I may ask whether it be a dodgy item on eBay or a repro
    No worries. And welcome

But I would advise to stay away from eBay. More fakes than good

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I have already read a few threads about fakes . At the same time though all those lucky folk who get originals at a steal price. I will stick to reliable websites for now

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I have already read a few threads about fakes . At the same time though all those lucky folk who get originals at a steal price. I will stick to reliable websites for now
    You can find bargains as many members here do. But you really need to be qualified to quickly spot the real from the fake. The real items are typically sold very quickly.

But if you are collecting items like shell casings and such there is not much to worry about. But helmets, awards, insignia, etc are a minefield.

Stick around and study the threads here. You will quickly see the level of skill needed to spot good fakes.

Examples: Both of these are pretty good fakes and require lots of review and quality photos. And many times it's a joint effort to tease out the details...

WW2 German U-boot Kriegsabzeichen

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/falls...s-real-678930/

?

Will do, cheers. I will probably be back soon anyway hahah

I have an objection to MAP's comment about price evaluations. I may be banned now but the forum should not be allowed to mandate whether someone is willing to opine on a value of an item. I understand it is not an evaluation service but, if I do not have a conflict of interest it is not forbidden to give the person a price range. This has been done many times in my short tenure and should continue. This is a forum of opinions.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I have an objection to MAP's comment about price evaluations. I may be banned now but the forum should not be allowed to mandate whether someone is willing to opine on a value of an item. I understand it is not an evaluation service but, if I do not have a conflict of interest it is not forbidden to give the person a price range. This has been done many times in my short tenure and should continue. This is a forum of opinions.
    John
    I will defer to the mods but IMHO there is sound reasoning behind this. As Ralph states above "we are not a free evaluation service".

My following comment is not directed to our fine new member JP from Scotland as it seems like he is a new and enthusiastic collector and I look forward to seeing him grow.

But we are inundated with "one post wonders" who come in and ask "is this real and how much is it worth". Many times after much time and effort put into providing advice by our members we see the item and "advice" put up on Ebay, never to hear from the person again. I don't mind helping people who are collectors but I'm generally not happy having someone profiting off of the years of study I have put into this hobby and not "giving back" to this fine forum. Secondly, we are a collectors forum, here to discuss the items, Third, price is subjective. Dependent on a whole host of criterion.

And yes, members here sometimes do give advice on price, most times when something is for sale and we are trying to help guide the person if it is a sound purchase.

So I take no offence to you disagreeing with me but I want to point out the logic behind our view.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast