Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of Mills bombs...

Article about: I've had a few Mills Bombs over the years but they seem really hard to get these days.... Just got these two in, one a really nice condition 36M Mk1 and another incomplete cutaway. Happy for

Default Couple of Mills bombs...

I've had a few Mills Bombs over the years but they seem really hard to get these days.... Just got these two in, one a really nice condition 36M Mk1 and another incomplete cutaway. Happy for the price I paid. I'm now thinking about the missing parts for the cutaway, anyone know where I can pick them up?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of Mills bombs...   Couple of Mills bombs...  

Couple of Mills bombs...   Couple of Mills bombs...  

Couple of Mills bombs...  

Default Re: Couple of Mills bombs...

Hi Lenny
    if your not bothered about using repro parts you can get a lever ,striker,spring and safety pin set from Jay at Dugup for £15.00 a filler screw is £5 and base plug is also £5
    If you browse through their warehouse13 catalogue you will find all the bits you need

page2

No matter what shape or how incomplete Mills bombs are, there is just no escaping the fact that they are fantastic looking grenades I may be wrong but I think that judging by the white paint the cut- away one could be an Israeli Mills. An easy way to check I have been told is to see if the base plug from your British one fits in their. If it doesn't then it is most likely Israeli as they used different sizes.

Quote by spotter View Post
    Hi Lenny
    if your not bothered about using repro parts you can get a lever ,striker,spring and safety pin set from Jay at Dugup for £15.00 a filler screw is £5 and base plug is also £5
    If you browse through their warehouse13 catalogue you will find all the bits you need

page2
    Cheers mate, will phone on Monday and get the bits. I take it original bits are like hen's teeth now?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    No matter what shape or how incomplete Mills bombs are, there is just no escaping the fact that they are fantastic looking grenades I may be wrong but I think that judging by the white paint the cut- away one could be an Israeli Mills. An easy way to check I have been told is to see if the base plug from your British one fits in their. If it doesn't then it is most likely Israeli as they used different sizes.
    The British base plug fits ok, just tried it. Didn't the Brits paint them white as well?

Quite possibly, that was what jumped to my mind when I first saw it as I know most Israeli ones are white, but I guess yours must be a Brit one

the brits did paint some training grenades white

Quote by xPANZERx View Post
    the brits did paint some training grenades white
    Sorry, my mistake, thats just m jumping the gun