Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?

Article about: Hello guys, I have a defused grenade in my collection; probably a Mk1 , Mk2 or Mills bomb grenade, I have no clue what is it. It is very well conserved and I would love to sell it. Am I allo

Default Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?

Hello guys, I have a defused grenade in my collection; probably a Mk1 , Mk2 or Mills bomb grenade, I have no clue what is it.

It is very well conserved and I would love to sell it. Am I allowed to sell such artefacts on the internet ? And, can anyone tell me the exact model of my grenade?

Thanks

Lightbulb

It's not a Mills bomb - it has more the appearance of a French F1 grenade used in both World Wars.....

MAP
    ?

Sale of such items is highly dependent on where you live and where it is being shipped to.

There are some highly qualified ordinance collectors on the forum. Hopefully they can provide more information
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks. Any other opinions ?

I have moved your thread to the Ordinance and Ammo section where hopefully you will get more answers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I would keep any sale of this to the country You and it are currently in.

I would agree sell in the Country you are in ,The Airport post service get really upset at seeing things like this on the X Ray machines and they have no idea if its live or Deact and always treat things as live until told otherwise

When you sell it you can also describe it as demilitarised (as there is no fuze fitted). Obvious I know, but you will have no problem selling it privately or otherwise.

Well that is an F1 body for sure but whether French, Russian (a very large number encountered are Soviet Russian or other Warsaw Pact origin) or other nationality is pretty much impossible to say from these pics.

Also, whilst it is obvious that there is no fuse / detonator set attached it is not clear from these pics whether the body is in fact empty of the explosive charge. Can you see that there is nothing inside the body? If not be very careful. It wouldn't be sensitive to vibration etc but could still be a problem if it contains explosive filling. Being incomplete and a common type it will not be worth much. The greatest value would be in an early French one, the least in a late Soviet / Warsaw Pact one. If in doubt take some local expert advice.

Here are pics of what the complete item looks like;

Top three are French, bottom one is Soviet.

Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?

Regards

Mark

PS It doesn't look at all like a Mills type beyond the generic shape. Here are some Mills types; a No5, No23 and the famous No36

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well that is an F1 body for sure but whether French, Russian (a very large number encountered are Soviet Russian or other Warsaw Pact origin) or other nationality is pretty much impossible to say from these pics.

Also, whilst it is obvious that there is no fuse / detonator set attached it is not clear from these pics whether the body is in fact empty of the explosive charge. Can you see that there is nothing inside the body? If not be very careful. It wouldn't be sensitive to vibration etc but could still be a problem if it contains explosive filling. Being incomplete and a common type it will not be worth much. The greatest value would be in an early French one, the least in a late Soviet / Warsaw Pact one. If in doubt take some local expert advice.

Here are pics of what the complete item looks like;

Top three are French, bottom one is Soviet.

Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?Defused Grenade pineapple looking ?

Regards

Mark

PS It doesn't look at all like a Mills type beyond the generic shape. Here are some Mills types; a No5, No23 and the famous No36

Great reply ! thanks.

It's empty haha, I can see the bottom, I have it since I was a child. From your photos, it looks more French than Russian.

SO I guess I can't sell it outside the country.. I was curious if I could put it on ebay and what price should I use... but if I can't do that I'd keep it for myself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast