Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Diagrams of Ordnance and ammo

Article about: Hello friends, I found this site very helpful in getting reference photos for the real colors of many items I would like to model on my computer. Eventually I want to render something compli

Default Diagrams of Ordnance and ammo

Hello friends, I found this site very helpful in getting reference photos for the real colors of many items I would like to model on my computer. Eventually I want to render something complicated like a badge or weapon but for the moment my skills are modest. So i figured the easiest way to start would be to practice building models pertaining to ammo and ordnance.

I hope to make some simulations and renderings of ammunition and Ordnance, to help me do this, could I request some diagrams and blueprints. I will post the results here. Sorry I didn't post sooner I was to busy reading and taking in all the information.

Could I also ask for some recommendations of resources on the internet that might help also?

Thanks again!

Here is my attempt at a rusted propagandagranaten. I will get cracking on a 'brand new' version as soon as i find the right texture. Diagrams of Ordnance and ammo
    Last edited by damienda; 07-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: Diagrams of Ordnance and ammo

Here is my first attempt at a fuze... I was trying to find picture references for these but its difficult. Lucky there were a few good manuals that had a diagram of there construction. The website Grenades, Mines and Boobytraps was excellent, I found many diagrams that I could use for modeling and simulation.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but as its just started i didn't want to spend to long waiting for a basic model to render in the computer.

Some questions,

1. The screws that were used, what was the size? (its not explained in the manual).

2. the locking cover, what did it look like? are there some photo references? Again I got the diagram but i have some questions about the radius of the bevel and how it sat on the fuze head.

3. the fuze head and shoulder? there are some basic color guides but are there any photos? I would imagine with the germans attention to detail somewhere there was a document detailing exactly the right colors to use

4. there is sometimes a reference to a rubber washer under the fuze shoulder, but on the diagram i used it was missing then in the next page its there? were they used all the time or only on certain models?

5. This is an electric fuse, i would like to make a mechanical one with a exploded design but I am having a really hard time understanding the schematic diagrams here in the manual. is there something like a photo reference to a mechanical fuse or a series of blueprints?

6. the material that houses the condenser cartridges what is that made of?

Diagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammoDiagrams of Ordnance and ammo

Any advice on how to make it more realistic and if you have any photo/video references i would be really grateful for your help. i am going to add the wiring next with the internal mechanisms. I will finish the exterior items also. then I can do a cutaway & exploded view.

Also any more technical manuals on the construction of the fuzes, if i could find the German original items that would be great as a comparison as I am currently using the american ordinance manual.

EDIT:

found the excellent

BombFuzeCollectorsNet.com - About me

Lots of pictures and explanations just wish they were a higher resolution picture! But its a great start. the x-rays were helpful in visualizing where everything went.

Need to update the model to add washers, the rubber o-ring and the top plate.

it appears that the locator lug is not beveled. will fix that.

Got a better idea of the colors needed also, green for the body.

still a bit confused about the housing where the gaine can sits in the fuze pocket but you cant have everything lol..
    Last edited by damienda; 07-17-2012 at 07:24 AM.