Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Displaying ordnanance

Article about: Hi all, I have several 8mm and 9mm rounds and casing's plus some pieces of canteen Bakelite cup that I found on the Corridor of Death (Falaise gap) and was looking for a unique way to displa

Talon17th
    ?

Default Displaying ordnanance

Hi all,

I have several 8mm and 9mm rounds and casing's plus some pieces of canteen Bakelite cup that I found on the Corridor of Death (Falaise gap) and was looking for a unique way to display them besides typical picture frame technique. Any ideas or pics of y'alls displays would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Paul
    Texas

Default Re: Displaying ordnanance

you can display them in a nice piece of wood, iv used oak,drill holes in length of wood so the bases sit in nice and tight, iv done this with 93 .50 cal rounds in a lovely length of polished oak, iv staggered the holes all the way down the length, this was to show the 93 brave souls who died flying b24s and p47s from our airbase during 1943 and 1944............

Default Re: Displaying ordnanance

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    you can display them in a nice piece of wood, iv used oak,drill holes in length of wood so the bases sit in nice and tight, iv done this with 93 .50 cal rounds in a lovely length of polished oak, iv staggered the holes all the way down the length, this was to show the 93 brave souls who died flying b24s and p47s from our airbase during 1943 and 1944............
    Pics please

Cheers-

Darren
    Last edited by Darren Lillington; 04-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.