Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does any one know what this is?

Article about: Found on a local disused army camp whilst metal detecting. It is 14 cm long and 1.5 cm in diameter. The base has a thread on the inside and a small lug at the base too.

Default Re: Does any one know what this is?

Interesting little item. It does bear a resemblance to a no. 9 L-delay but isn't one. Doesn't look like any German switch I've seen either, but that doesn't mean it isn't one. Have you had a really good look at the item for any markings?

Steve,
    There are no marking on the device, i do know that the Poles used and trained with German weapons and were also trained in sabotage.

steve

The slit you see in pic one makes me think that it is a spring loaded device.

steve

Yeah, they used anything they could get their hands on. It could be a polish switch which is why it doesn't look familiar, or it could just be what the other guys have suggested and not be anything military at all.

This is why I love digging ww2 stuff........the challenge of id'ing stuff when you get home.

I'll have a root through the net, see if I can find a match

Hi Steve,

Did you find anything?

Steve

Its a rocket motor casing and venturi from a small calibre free flight rocket. Probably an anti tank one. Nope just seen the size a flare of some sort i think.
    Last edited by vegetius; 04-02-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Last edited by vegetius; 04-02-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2