MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DZ 35 Piece

Article about: Is this a pressure igniter for a land mine? If so, can someone post a pic of what the complete mine looks like? I just find pics of what I have. I did see one on top of a square metal box.

Default DZ 35 Piece

Is this a pressure igniter for a land mine? If so, can someone post a pic of what the complete mine looks like? I just find pics of what I have. I did see one on top of a square metal box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DZ 35 Piece   DZ 35 Piece  

DZ 35 Piece  

Default Re: DZ 35 Piece

Hmmm...... Wagriff might have an Idea on this one.......

It is a 'DZ35' Teller mine fuse..............!

Fuses

I don't have a photo of a complete one.
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve has nailed it!

Thanks as always, guys! I take it the Teller was an anti tank mine. I assume this fuse would be on top on the mine and make a tank/truck go boom if rolled on.

Please see here for more info on the mine:

German mines and charges :

Cheers, Ade.

?

It's not a usual fuze for a mine- I have a T.Mi.42 and one each of the 42 and 43 fuzes in my collection and had both a 35 fuze and a DZ35- the DZ35 is rather larger and simply wouldn't fit into the mine. The dedicated mine fuzes fit internally: T.Mi.Z.43. The text description of the DZ35a and b does mention mines at the end but not specifically how it'd work with one (there'd have to be an adapter or something?). They're not normally for mines at any rate- they're pressure fuzes for explosive charges without a pressure system, which the mines already have. Maybe they could screw into one of the 'extra' detonator wells, but that seems an odd thing to do given that it'd necessitate turning the mine upside down or standing it on edge. The DZ35 is more for improvised 'mines'- just piles of explosive that one wants set off by pressure as opposed to a tripwire, or whatever. The kind of thing you'd booby-trap a bridge with, for example.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...