Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estate Collection

Article about: by marineguy Bottom line, aren't inert munitions really paperweights? Doorstops, bookends? Trophies? We're living in an age that if it looks like something dangerous it is dangerous, I do li

Default Estate Collection

HI all

wow, what a great site!! I'm brand new here and I'm into militaria both as a collector and selling, but never ordnance. This is from an friends estate a retired gun collectior/dealer/broker. Long story short, I won a bid and looking to sell it. Whole or individual. I can get you markings on what you are interested in, let me know.

Default Re: Estate Collection

Welcome to the forum, and looks like you've managed to get some really interesting items

Pity you are in the US Though, theres probably no chance of getting the LAW 66 over here I'm sure you'll find buyers for most of it pretty fast though

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Welcome to the forum, and looks like you've managed to get some really interesting items

Pity you are in the US Though, theres probably no chance of getting the LAW 66 over here I'm sure you'll find buyers for most of it pretty fast though

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny, thanks for the welcome!! It will also be fun to identify these too. I'll take any and all help with these if people are willing to donate their expertise. The LAW is very popular here too and somewhat restricted also.

Hi and welcome to the forum marineguy

Oh wow....super collection. I'd love the 30cal cloth belt but. as Danny says, I doubt you'd get them through our customs. Actually, if you're willing to sell the cartridges separately you could send me the cloth belt ! I'd love the bazooka rounds as well, (20,21 and 22) but would have the same problem !

Cheers

Steve T

Exactly what are the laws about dummy/training/inert munitions? Are they different in every country? Each state here has their own laws on guns and munitions and we just travel to the most liberal one. Can't things like that be done there? These are collector items. It's not as if there aren't any in all of europe, in fact there's probably floating there than here!

Oh boy war !!!!!!

marineguy

It's the strict import laws, much the same as your 'across state lines' laws. It is illegal to transport almost any kind of de-act weapon or ordnance into the UK. It is also illegal to export it as well. So in other words, what relic ordnance we have stays here and we can't add to it or subtract from it !

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    So in other words, what relic ordnance we have stays here and we can't add to it or subtract from it !
    Another one of the UK's amazing laws that only targets people without criminal intent

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Another one of the UK's amazing laws that only targets people without criminal intent

Thanks

Danny
    Actually they make more sense than New York State laws. I can buy an SKS with 200 rounds but can't buy a 22 cal target pistol. If that same SKS has a bayonet, it's illegal. I can mount it in the back window of a pickup truck and drive around with the rifle anywhere in the state except New York City.
    \
    In Vermont, right next door I can buy a Glock 10 mil and wear it on my side in a holster and walk down the street because it's legal as long as I don't conceal it. Yet in NY State I can't own a handgun unless I have license.

It's as if the New York State Laws don't believe anyone can just drive into one the states and bring it back into New York.

If I want to be a gun dealer to be able to buy/sell handguns I have to get a license and go through FBI checks and wait months and MAYBE I can get approved. As a a private citizen I can own up to 14 rifles of any type, in my home (no auto) and buy/sell/ trade privately with anyone and I don't even have to verify their name.

We don't have ANY laws about ordnance as far as Buy/sell/trade as long as it's inert. As far as they are concerned, it's just a paperweight.

Quote by Steve T View Post
    marineguy

It's the strict import laws, much the same as your 'across state lines' laws. It is illegal to transport almost any kind of de-act weapon or ordnance into the UK. It is also illegal to export it as well. So in other words, what relic ordnance we have stays here and we can't add to it or subtract from it !

Steve T
    Hi Steve,

But we have a difference..Each state has their own gun laws, as I pointed out to GasmaskUK, but we don't have anyone on the borders between the states and people are free to come and go as they please. Many states have a law saying you can't buy a pistol and bring it into their state and if they catch you with a gun you registered in another state, then it's a second crime on top of possession of pistol without a license HOWEVER. People are free to buy and sell privately WITHOUT registering and no one knows the difference.

I believe guns made before 1950 are exempt from even registering serial numbers which I find silly because all those WWII weapons which went to war are STILL assault weapons, heck they won the wars!!!

the Enfield 303 and M1 Garand can kill just as easily as an M-16, maybe even better since these are also long range weapons.

Bottom line, aren't inert munitions really paperweights? Doorstops, bookends? Trophies? What is the difference between the real ones and a company making doorstops that look like spent casings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast