Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake 8x56r boxes

Article about: Just wanted to post these fakes out there just in case anybody runs into them for sale. Boxes of 8x56r ammunition for the steyr m95/30. Yes they are real and in original boxes. The obvious f

Default Fake 8x56r boxes

Fake 8x56r boxes
    Fake 8x56r boxes

Just wanted to post these fakes out there just in case anybody runs into them for sale. Boxes of 8x56r ammunition for the steyr m95/30. Yes they are real and in original boxes. The obvious fakes are the deathshead and SS stamping on the outside of the box. The regulars on this forum would spot this right away but the casual browser and new members may not. These boxes of ammo usually go for about $15 U.S... With the fake stamping the price jumps to $30 per box..

that skull is cute

sorry I wanted to add more but cannot figure out how to edit posts. . .

PRE
    ?

Thanks UK Cousin. I saw those posted on an auction site and got a good laugh out of it...They'll no doubt fool a few, especially with all of the "The SS always got the worst equipment throughout the war" nonsense that gets continuously peddled around.

On a historically related note, I found the attached photo a few months back on the Bundesarchiv Foto database. It shows clearly interested W-SS troops being shown M1895 Mannlicher carbines by Austrian SS personnel in 1938, probably not long after the Anschluss.

Best,
    Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake 8x56r boxes  

Love that photo. The steyr 95 happens to be one of my favorite rifles. Hard to find pics from ww2. The only army that had them as a main battle rifle by then was the Bulgarians.

Fake 8x56r boxes
    Fake 8x56r boxes

But don't get me wrong, they were still in use by the German polizei, rear guard, and volkssturm... But the SS, none I've ever read about.

PRE
    ?

UKC,
    I'll admit this thread is straying into firearms rather than ordnance, but I think the second photo MIGHT be of a Carcano. It looks like a turn-bolt weapon rather than a straight pull, and the rear bolt assembly looks quite a bit like a Carcano's. Very neat photo, I hadn't seen the second one before.

Correct, definitely relegated to secondary (or tertiary) status with the Wehrmacht, although other countries like Czechoslovakia, Greece and Yugoslavia had these in their inventories. Following the conquest of those countries, those same arms were absorbed both by Germany and Italy. I've seen a 1942 dated Italian inventory that has quite a few Mannlichers accounted for. I have a Model 1890 carbine that was somehow acquired from the Austrians by the Serbs, and then later captured and depot marked by the Germans in 1941 or later.

Here are a couple more photos of M.1895 mannlichers in German use, both by uniformed personnel (UNFORGIVABLE trigger discipline) and Volkssturm 'volunteers.'
    Best,
    Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake 8x56r boxes   Fake 8x56r boxes  

Last edited by PRE; 06-20-2017 at 08:22 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by PRE View Post
    UKC,
    I'll admit this thread is straying into firearms rather than ordnance, but I think the second photo MIGHT be of a Carcano. It looks like a turn-bolt weapon rather than a straight pull, and the rear bolt assembly looks quite a bit like a Carcano's. Very neat photo, I hadn't seen the second one before.
    Agree. Look at the rear sight. Looks like a Carcano to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes ur right a turn bolt when I zoom in a blurry close up. I have an original picture of a Bulgarian soldier hold a steyr. I will post it here when I get back home.

But a volkssturm pic with a carcano is nice too but a bit off topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast