Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

FFE certificate required?

Article about: Copied below and not my words is a paragraph that as I see it could have implications to many UK collectors. The author is amendment that all inert ordnance apart from blanks will need a cer

mpw
    ?

Default FFE certificate required?

Copied below and not my words is a paragraph that as I see it could have implications to many UK collectors. The author is amendment that all inert ordnance apart from blanks will need a certificate. The certificate of course is issued by private companies and there would be a fee. Comments will be very welcome as I am confused with the situation that if this is correct why is it I can go to any military fair and buy any amount of inert ordnance that has no certificate. Is the seller breaking the law?

As things are hotting up now ref terrorism etc I should point out to you that to hold onto an item of (what you believe to be) inert ordnance which you have dug up, found, been given or purchased you are required to have a VALID FFE certificate (Free From Explosives) from EOD or a 'descent proof of purchase certificate', no excuses,
    unless you have one of the above, don't complain when the police ask EOD to take your items away, this week a recent tip off to a house (once again) has found trace elements of explosives on so called 'inert' items, you can't fool the guy with the long nose and big ears when he's sent in to sniff around.

?

Where did you hear about this?

I am a member on the BOCN forum and I haven’t seen any messages like that be put up. And the folk there are type of people who would know what’s happening.

mpw
    ?

Facebook. So it must be true! It was posted on a War Relics Metal Detecting group. The poster is either serving or ex R.E. and seemed to very sure of himself.

Just sounds like another excuse to steal money from the collecting population to prop up a failing government. Can't see this working, does it include every piece of trench art shell casing which might have parts of the primer still attached? This will be fun!!

Another law that will be impossible to enforce. The number of deacts in circulation pales in comparison to the amount of inert ordnance on the market. Just more pointless legislative twaddle to make it look like they're 'doing something'.

B.B

?

I still don’t believe this is true, not until i see more proof or the BOCN forum brings it up for discussion.

mpw
    ?

I tend to agree with you Jb. As mentioned above it would be impossible to police. The law is already clear about ordnance, if in doubt call the authorities or face the consequences.

?

I can’t imagine someone owning 100 inert rounds of 9mm and each round had to be qualified for FFE. As you said there mpw it’s physically impossible.

All things considered in the crime scene in the uk right now. you would of thought rumours of bayonets, daggers and other blades being banned would of been more prevalent.