Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Found some rusted shells on beach in Normandy

Article about: Hello, So, i was walking next to the cliffs at Veulettes-sur-mer in France and came across 3 shells, about 30 cm long, 8 to 10 cm in diameter. Completely rusted and no markings te see anymor

?

yep DARWINS THEORY OF SELECTION, at work.weed out the DUMB!

?

Yes I think we can forget the insults. Lucky he found them so they can be disposed of properly. Rob

I'm glad its all been sorted out Kim safely, please excuse some of our initial reactions, they stemmed more from shock due to the topic of the post, than hate to yourself. I hope you keep safe and the fact you've led the police to 14 more will mean others have been protected as a result.

Kindest regards
    Harvey

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    I'm glad its all been sorted out Kim safely, please excuse some of our initial reactions, they stemmed more from shock due to the topic of the post, than hate to yourself. I hope you keep safe and the fact you've led the police to 14 more will mean others have been protected as a result.

Kindest regards
    Harvey
    Well said Harvey.

?

No offence taken. It was dumb to pick it up. And I can clearly see that now.

In the end we found 19 or 20 of them. And I think some sort of mortar. I could take a close look at one of them (without touching) and it was completely empty inside, but that was only one of them. I found some fuses, and someone gathered a few as you can see on one of the pictures.

The police marked all of them but haven't picked them up, and the one I took is also still here in a field with a bucket with police tape over it. They said they would come and pick it up today but haven't seen them yet.

Regards, Kim

?

Thank for posting those Kim.
    Also glad that you are still with us and didn't find out the hard way of not picking up relic active ordnance.

vegetius ,
    Now I understand why you picked that Avatar!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4