Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo

Article about: Enjoy this 1963 French Manfactured 'SPAM CAN' of M1 Carbine .30 Cal. AMMO...BILL

Default French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo

Enjoy this 1963 French Manfactured 'SPAM CAN' of M1 Carbine .30 Cal. AMMO...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo   French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo  

French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo  
    Attached Images Attached Images French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: French "SPAM CAN' M1 Carbine Ammo

Where there is smoke there is fire.Lets see your carbineThe rifle of course

BerdanIII
    ?

There was some 60's French carbine ammo made with corrosive primers, but I can't remember where I saw the information right now. If you're planning on burning this up, I'd check around to see what I could find out. Corrosive priming will really screw up the gas system of a Carbine.

Quote by BerdanIII View Post
    There was some 60's French carbine ammo made with corrosive primers, but I can't remember where I saw the information right now. If you're planning on burning this up, I'd check around to see what I could find out. Corrosive priming will really screw up the gas system of a Carbine.
    All the French Carbine ammo was corrosive and Berdan primed...This is collectors ammo... The USA supplied the French with plenty of M! Carbines and the French produced two (2) Carbines chambered for this round in the 60s neither were produced in any quanity, only expirmental for military trials....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...