Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Garand ammo

Article about: Gday Folks, i have always wanted a Garand but will never be able to own one so i got the only thing i can get, a clip of ammo. can any one tell me what country these are from and if they are

4md
    ?

Default Garand ammo

Gday Folks, i have always wanted a Garand but will never be able to own one so i got the only thing i can get, a clip of ammo.
    can any one tell me what country these are from and if they are military?
    they all look like tracer rounds
    Im assuming the date is 1953

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garand ammo   Garand ammo  

Garand ammo  

?

Default Re: Garand ammo

Yes, they are tracer rounds.

Made for the military by Lake City (Army Ammunition Plant, LCAAP in Independence, Missouri). Obviously in 1953.

LCAAP was originally founded by Remington Arms in 1941 to produce ammo for the US Army.
    The plant is still going full bore today (sorry, for the pun) and is owned by ATK.

Very nice mate, they look good.

Best Garand you can get here in Oz is the denix replica which is a pity. Are you allowed to own one in SA?

4md
    ?

thanks for the info scout, i just read the headstamp thread as well and found a lake city reference

cheers Paul

?

Quote by 4md View Post
    thanks for the info scout, i just read the headstamp thread as well and found a lake city reference

cheers Paul
    I didnt read the headstamp thread

Didnet even know there was one ...

Not that into headstamps, so just a simple search.

4md
    ?

No i dont think we can own them here any more, although i saw a movie prop rubber one at the militaria show in adelaide on the weekend.....but its just not the same they look too fake

Yeah I have the denix one here and its good but not good enough, just aint the real thing

?

I have shot thousands of rounds through the Garand and I understand why you guys like it. Its a nice hefty rifle and indeed a great battle implement, as Patton said. Certainly worked well for the US during WWII.

When new to the weapon, one just has to be aware of the springs in the Garand when disassembling - they can be entertaining, to say the least

Not to mention the most entertaining (for the audience that is) thumb-still-in-the-loading-well-while-releasing-the-bolt syndrome.
    Having seen a bloke slam the bolt on his thumb and running around shaking said finger with a heavy Garand still attached, I can attest to the entertainment value.

You only do it once.

4md
    ?

If i ever get to the U.S i would llike to shoot one, its on the to do list

?

The orange tip signifies Dim-Ignition Tracer as opposed to standard tracer which would have a red tip,but maybe you already knew that....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast