Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german 75mm grenade

Article about: Hello i have been told by the seller that this is a german 75mm grenade. is there anyone who know something about german grenades? regards

Default german 75mm grenade

Hello
    i have been told by the seller that this is a german 75mm grenade.
    is there anyone who know something about german grenades?

regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german 75mm grenade   german 75mm grenade  

german 75mm grenade   german 75mm grenade  

german 75mm grenade  

its a shell not a grenade,you would have trouble throwing that.

In German all shells are called "Granaten".

Hello
    ok a shell.
    Was it a anti tank gun or a tank who use it?

Great looking shell .

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Nice Granate- it looks to be a 7,5cm K. Gr. Rot FES type (the 'Gr.' is for Granate), for light artillery pieces like the 7,5cm FK38 and 7,5cm Geb. G. 36.

The fuse is an intersting one- a 5-second time delay type for engaging ground targets by airburst; so a direct fire type, not the usual impact fuse that indrect fire grenades would use. But then German artillery was apparently expected to be prepared for direct fire action since every weapon it seems got some form of anti-tank round; and by 1944, it's not odd that they might be expected to engage massed troops at relatively close range. Of course someone probably just put a fuse on it- there's no way to know if it's original to the grenade. The usual type would be an AZ23. The Dopp.Z. S/60 is also listed, which is a dual-purpose impact/timed fuse; presumably it was more costly to produce those when only a few seconds of flight time was needed later in the war, hence the introduction of the S/5.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

You may find this thread showing differing types of 75mm Ammunition of interest.

Command Decision - Test of Battle -- View topic - 26th Volksgrenadier, december 16, 1944

Regards,

Lance

?

Interesting- that shows the 7,5cm Geb.G. 36 used projectiles with the very narrow driving band; the book I have shows it used ones with a wide band. I'd expect that this particular one was for the regular light artillery FK38 though just statistically-speaking since there were doubtless far more of them.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...