MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German Anti-Tank Mines

Article about: I found these two on a website for \\$150 each. Is this a good price? Can anybody tell me about them? #1 Sellers Description: "Inert WWII German anti-tank mine with fuse. Fuse is dated 19

Default German Anti-Tank Mines

I found these two on a website for $150 each.

Is this a good price? Can anybody tell me about them?

#1 Sellers Description:
    "Inert WWII German anti-tank mine with fuse. Fuse is dated 1938 with German stampings and marked with red and white paint to indicate safe or armed. Body of mine is dated 1937. Measures 12.5 inches in diameter. Excellent condition with much camo paint remaining."
    Attached Images Attached Images German Anti-Tank Mines  German Anti-Tank Mines 

Default Re: German Anti-Tank Mines

#2 Sellers Description:
    "Inert WWII German Anti-Tank mine measuring 12.5 inches in diameter by 3 inches thick. A battlefield pick-up with German markings still clearly visible. Retains much of its original sand colored paint. Makes a great display piece!"

What do the markings say?

It looks like it is dated 1943 to the right of "pilz"?
    Attached Images Attached Images German Anti-Tank Mines  German Anti-Tank Mines 

which one is a better deal?

Hi Lt,

The first mine is a german Teller 35 mine and the second is a later Teller 43 model. They held approximately 12 lbs of H.E. Both types were fitted with anti handling devices in both the sides and bottom.

No real idea of value, i'd imagine both pretty similar, but i did see a detonator from a 35 sell recently for 35 quid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lt Martin,

Grab em both at that price, you will be hard pushed to find them with original paint (and proof mark on the second mine) at that price again. Assuming they safe of course?

Good luck

Jock
    Jock

Ya... Both are deactivated. I am only going to buy 1 of them which one is a better buy.... or which one is more rare? (I cant buy both)

ousp ! i make a error of model !

The first one is rarer and in better shape... If i would get 1 I would go for the first!

Was it common to have camo on these like on #1? How much is #1 worth.... I mean is it worth more than it is selling for?

The Camo finish is conventional.

Both are really nice and I think very good value too. Which one is up to you unless you are worried about a quick resale.

Here is a good link for you:

German mines and charges :

Cheers, Ade.