Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Blanks ?

Article about: I'd like to know what these blanks are . The are 8mm , but what date etc . Also if WWII would they be for firing rifle grenades or something like that . Thank you . Cheers Chris

CBH
    ?

Default German Blanks ?

I'd like to know what these blanks are . The are 8mm , but what date etc . Also if WWII would they be for firing rifle grenades or something like that . Thank you .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Blanks ?   German Blanks ?  

Default Re: German Blanks ?

I don't recognize the head stamp, but they do look like rifle grenade blanks with that heavy crimp.

The head stamp is Italian I think? I can't quite make out the numbers but they are the date the last two after the '9' are the year.. 95?, so it'll be 195? so not WW2.

?

Hi,they are Italian grenade cartridges,the date is 1953.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Zwerge is correct, BPD is Bombrini Parodi Delfino, but I don't believe they are grenade blanks. They also made .303 blanks with the same black crimped neck.
    Cheers
    Hangarman

CBH
    ?

So just modern blanks , oh well . The mark is BPD 953 . Maybe movie blanks ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    So just modern blanks , oh well . The mark is BPD 953 . Maybe movie blanks ?
    Only 60 years old!! They were made in 1953.....

CBH
    ?

So I guess your correct , 60 years is old for ammo . My point was not WWII . And I guess that explains the misfires at New Years !