Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell

Article about: here's a few pictures of a german fuse-cap which was picked up on the Somme at the site of Regina Trench. The only markings I can make out are... Dopp.. then lettering obliterated, followed

Default German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell

here's a few pictures of a german fuse-cap which was picked up on the Somme at the site of Regina Trench. The only markings I can make out are... Dopp.. then lettering obliterated, followed by 92. The cap has taken a few hits, which bears testimony to the ferocity of the fighting in that area. Judging by the weight of it, I assume it is from a very large shell.

The other pictures are of an 18Pdr shell which I got off e-bay a few years ago. I assume it has been used as a door-stop, as it appears to have been lovingly polished over the years. There is no pitting to it's surface at all. Printed on the shell is...O.F.18Pr 11 F.S E.O.C manufacture date of 23.9.07 and the small lettres JC. I think it is probably a shrapnel-shell, can anyone tell by the fuse?

Harry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell   German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell  

German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell   German fuse-cap and 18pdr shell