Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german glass mine

Article about: Morning people ive seen a glass mine for auction and the starting bid is £200 just wondered if anyone knows what sort of price they go for as I was thinking its a bit pricey? Any help would

Default german glass mine

Morning people ive seen a glass mine for auction and the starting bid is £200 just wondered if anyone knows what sort of price they go for as I was thinking its a bit pricey? Any help would be appreciated

Sounds very pricey to me too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello, in France, the price is 60 €, with 3 parts of glass. The only problem is the postage with glass....

Thanks for the info guys ive always wanted one but I wouldn't pay £200 for one!! I thought it was expensive but its the first complete one ive seen for sale.

There are always some at the War & Peace show in July in Kent.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Was it round? I mean the mine. I'm asking because sometimes possible to mix russian one (rectangular shape) with the german one. Russian one is not so expensive of course.
    Professional military tours to WWI & WWII batllefields in Western and Eastern Europe: Rhine, Arnhem, Normandy, Ardenns, Narva front, Riga front, Kurland.
    http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blog...Tourist-Blog-2
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Narva...09290825813272
    http://narvaman.travellerspoint.com/2/

Yes round. Here is one.

I would like a Soviet one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german glass mine  

The price depends on how complete it is, and if all the parts are original. The Glasmine 43 consists of 5 parts (not counting the detonator or the demolitian blocks), and the pressure plate come in four different colors being clear, greenish, light brown or dark brown.
    The Glasmine consists of three glass parts; the dish, the pressure plate and the shear plate. It also has two metal parts being the igniter plate and the saftetyfork or igniter. Rare examples use the To.Mi.Z (Topfminenzunder42) as ignitor, which is much more indetectable. If a Glasmine has one of these ignitors it will reflect on the price.
    I bought a Glasmine 43 some yera ago with a dark brown pressure plate in Belgium and payed 50 euros. I must say the shear plate was post was made. I was told a bunch of these mines were found in Germany some years ago during ground works, and many of the dishes and presure plates got sold with new made shear plates, as these are fragile and many were broken.
    200 pounds does sound a bit over the top, but if it is a complete Glasmine with all the parts there and original, maybe even with a rare Topfminenzunder42 ignitor, and the two original Pioneer rods for under the pressure plate. I wouldn't be supprised if it sold for that money. If its just the casual mine without the metal parts I would saay it is way to expensive.

In Compiègne Forrest 1980.

The factories were in Amiens.

They are going for 350$ to 450$ here in the US.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast