Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German incendry bomb

Article about: Below is a picture of a German incendry bomb. Incredibly it came from the local re-cycling center along at a later date two 40 mm. Bofors practice rounds.What I find strange is all the infor

Default German incendry bomb

Below is a picture of a German incendry bomb. Incredibly it came from the local re-cycling center along at a later date two 40 mm. Bofors practice rounds.What I find strange is all the information on the bomb seing that it was going to blow up. The date on it is 1936. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German incendry bomb   German incendry bomb  

Default Re: German incendry bomb

WOW !

Do you have a friend at the recycling centre spotting this for you or were you just damned lucky ?? !!!

SUPER find

Steve T

The incendry bomb was found by the guys at the tip. The Bofors rounds were found in the metal skip by me. I go there regularly and because I am allways straight with them they do look out for military bits, and on occasions do come up with the goods. It pays to get in with your local tip workers, you may have to buy quite a bit of un interesting things and shell out some mony but it will pay off in the end.John.

?

It's very typical of anything German- markings galore; look at firearms, for example- nearly every tiny part that can have a mark has one. Ordnance went through tests and had dispersed manufacturers of parts and all was pretty tightly-controlled, right up until the end of the war. I have a couple of large-caliber HE shell fuzes (8,8cm and up) made in '45 that have all the usual marks and, despite what is often said about very late war quality, are still superbly made.