Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German rifle grenades and launchers

Article about: Hi collectors, I just want to show you some pictures of my rifle-grenade collection. That's my main interest and I have written a book about it some years ago (but it's sold out now). Enjoy

GGG
    ?

Default Re: German rifle grenades and launchers

@Laplander:
    The maximum distance was under 150 meters. It was hard to aim exactly at more than 100 meters.

Michael

Grenadier
    ?

Great info, thanks. In Fleischer/Juelchs book this was not cleared completely. Inbetween, what's your opinion concerning their drawing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers  

GGG
    ?

Quote by Grenadier View Post
    Great info, thanks. In Fleischer/Juelchs book this was not cleared completely. Inbetween, what's your opinion concerning their drawing?
    Hi Grenadier,
    most of the information in Fleischer's book is copied from my own rifle grenade book (it was published in 2002 and is sold out).

The drawing is from a German bomb disposal company.
    But please note:
    There has been two versions of the training grenade. The drawing shows the early one!!
    Mine does not have the base fuze for use as a hand-grenade. I have never seen an earyl one in reality.

Michael

Grenadier
    ?

Thanks. I mean that on the drawing no gas-escaping hole at the inner chamber is marked (probably the cover "jumps" off the base of the chamber releasing so the gases???); other type of holes on the body; and the type of attachment of the longer base of course. Different model?
    PS: I realized at last, thank you :-))). But not about where the gasses escaped...

BerdanIII
    ?

Michael,

I have a copy of your rifle grenade book and am wondering if you have any plans to do an English-language edition.

GGG
    ?

Hello,
    I'm very sorry, but I don't think that I will ever do a English language version. It's a very special theme and I guess it will be impossible to find a publisher for an English version.

Maybe I can do an updated German version one day ... but I don't have enough time ...

With best wishes
    Michael

Good evening GGG,
    I've just bought an inert German rifle grenade which looks like the second from left image in your first picture. I would be grateful if you could give me any information about it? I was told it is a WW2 HE rifle grenade.
    Best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers   German rifle grenades and launchers  

German rifle grenades and launchers  

Wow! I didn't even know that you could shoot grenades from the K98. I've never seen them or heard them mentioned in the many books I've read. That's why I love this site. Keep up the great work.

Here is the grenade launcher for the German 98k... There were HE, Anti-tank, parachute flare, message, and several other rifle grenades for the 98k Launcher...BILL
    Attached Images Attached Images German rifle grenades and launchers  German rifle grenades and launchers  German rifle grenades and launchers 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

ahap! another Cobra! hhhhhhmmm

oops! sidetracked ......Fantastic thread guys!
    rifle grenades do not get the attention they deserve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast