Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German rifle grenades and launchers

Article about: Hi collectors, I just want to show you some pictures of my rifle-grenade collection. That's my main interest and I have written a book about it some years ago (but it's sold out now). Enjoy

GGG
    ?

Arrow German rifle grenades and launchers

Hi collectors,
    I just want to show you some pictures of my rifle-grenade collection. That's my main interest and I have written a book about it some years ago (but it's sold out now).

Enjoy it

The red grenade is a training round with a little smoke-container inside.

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers   German rifle grenades and launchers  

German rifle grenades and launchers   German rifle grenades and launchers  

GGG
    ?

Default Re: German rifle grenades and launchers

And here my Granatbüchse 39
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers   German rifle grenades and launchers  

GGG
    ?

And some foreign launchers, from left to right:
    - Spain
    - USA
    - France
    - GB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers  

GGG
    ?

And here an East German AK47 with launcher
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German rifle grenades and launchers  

appie
    ?

Great stuff! I found loads of these one day with the detector. Mainly the AP grenade, third from the left and the AT version, forth from the right on your first picture.
    By having a good look at them I discovered the AP type has two diffrent types of base-screws; one with a slot, and the other with two holes in it to unscrew.
    I took the best ones home and called the police for the rest. When they came they simply covered the lot with sand and placed a red flag on it for the military, but when they showed up some days later it was all gone!
    Some other military collector must of seen the red flag too!
    It took some time to figure out how to open these things, as all the thread was stuck in place, and the HE which I believe is Cyclonite was as hard as stone. I don't think I will be doing these again, but I managed to openup some, and they are now in my collection. I even cut some open, so the inside is visible.
    I will ad some pics later on.

Thanks GGG for taking time to show us the pictures!
    Can you please tell us something about how well a skilled shooter could place their rifle grenades on target using the K98 and at what distance.
    I would like to know both when shooting AP-rounds at stationary vehicles and when lobbing HE-rounds on to enemy strongpoints.

Curious as ever
    Laplander

Very Very Nice.. Thanks for sharing.. The red training rifle grenade has to be very rare.. I had never seen one... Thanks again...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

cobra
    ?

One of the greatest collections of these items that I have seen in fifty five years of collecting. I have always stayed away from live ordance but I appreciate someone who will perserve those relics. Great pictures,keep up the great work. Cobra

Grenadier
    ?

Hi GGG,
    Nice collection, congratulations. Could you post closer picture of this "GewGr_Spreng_ueb_1"; I'm interested especially in the path of gases escape from the inner chamber. Thank you in advance! BRegards, G.

GGG
    ?

@ Grenadier,
    the inner chamber is open at the bottom and also there is a hole in the cap (the part with the spring). So I guess that the smoke will escape through the hole in the cap and then will leave through the holes in the grenade's body.

@cobra:
    What do you mean with live ordnance? All my grenades are empty of course ;-)

Michael

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast