Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Got a new set of balls

Article about: by Walkwolf These are great. Do you know what caliber they are ? Looks like they were made in a gang mould where perhaps a dozen or so were poured at once. Please give us a heads up if you a

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What are those hook type features on the musket ball what purpose did it serve? Regards Larry
    I may be mistaken but I believe that's from pouring the lead into the mold. It would be clipped off before using the ball.

it would hurt when they clip of the balls. Most of the time when they clip them off, things will change bad.

these appear to be raw musket balls . These have not had the casting nubs cut off yet.
    Great looking balls... Lets see the crate.. Can we???

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I bought these from Justin (RZM), who has the crate. Maybe he will be kind enough to post some pics for us?

I think this thread is a load of old balls.--------------------lol

ian
    ?

throwing a few balls at the colonials didnt calm them down im afraid ,,,the bounders threw OUR tea in the river ,damn it , i think a darn good thrashing is in order ,What a gang of upstarts

Quote by ian View Post
    throwing a few balls at the colonials didnt calm them down im afraid ,,,the bounders threw OUR tea in the river ,damn it , i think a darn good thrashing is in order ,What a gang of upstarts
    All a misunderstanding, really. We were only trying to make sure the fish got some, too...

Great finds, love to see the crate especially if it has any markings on it. Having recently read Fusiliers by Mark Urban, I shall refrain from passing any further comment on the conduct of the war.

I have a pair of old balls somewhere, though can't think where I left them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

RZM
    ?

I didn't get the crate in this purchase. They were in a small tin lined wood box when I bought them. We are in the process of moving, so they're packed away somewhere. When I can dig them out, I will take some pics of it. Here are some pictures I sent to Mo when I got them. Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got a new set of balls   Got a new set of balls  

Got a new set of balls  

These are great. Do you know what caliber they are ?
    Looks like they were made in a gang mould where
    perhaps a dozen or so were poured at once.

Please give us a heads up if you are planning to let
    some of these go in the Classifieds - I wouldn't
    mind a couple.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast