Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

gunshow find

Article about: Old man had a ton of these and other misc. Ammunition. All live ammo coming from a veterans estate sale. This giant round is marked with the letter p at. A star and 37,along with a waffenanp

Default gunshow find

Old man had a ton of these and other misc. Ammunition. All live ammo coming from a veterans estate sale.

This giant round is marked with the letter p at. A star and 37,along with a waffenanpt stamp
    The projectile is marked 40/2
    L.
    Also the projectile is faintly marked with an eagle over symbol and Wa.A.732 'under the eagle and swastika.
    Also the part of projectile that is not coated grey has the numbers 509 under eagle as well. It also comes in its original hard cardboard tube.

Can anyone tell me what type of round this is and what kind of weapons it may have been used in ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture gunshow find   gunshow find  

gunshow find   gunshow find  

gunshow find   gunshow find  

Last edited by chuck303; 12-07-2014 at 01:12 AM.

here they are

Looks to me like a 'long Solothurn' 20x138B cartridge, used in pre/early war Rheinmetall-Borsig 2cm cannon such as the FlaK 30AA, KwK 30 light tank gun and the MG C/30L, a canno ndesigned to fire through propeller hubs.

wow sounds neat so its for a 20mm flak cannon? its in super nice shape and never molested
    so its a 20mm flak cannon round? someone said it was made in 1940 and there were very few produced that year.....

can you give me an idea of value?

Lightbulb

This one looks to me like an AP round - the FlaK would have had a nose-mounted fuze. I'm really not sure about value ; it is a reasonably uncommon round to find these days.......

its very neat , ap would be steel or iron ?