Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying 75 cal casing

Article about: I recently picked up, what i believe is a "75 Cal.' WW2 shell casing, that I received from the family of a WW2 Russian Ukrainian soldier. From the makings, It seems like US ordinance. I

?

Default Help identifying 75 cal casing

I recently picked up, what i believe is a "75 Cal.' WW2 shell casing, that I received from the family of a WW2 Russian Ukrainian soldier. From the makings, It seems like US ordinance. If at all possible, could anyone help identify this casing and the possible weapon it was possibly used?

Help identifying 75 cal casingHelp identifying 75 cal casingHelp identifying 75 cal casingHelp identifying 75 cal casingHelp identifying 75 cal casing

MAP
    ?

Here you go.......As you can see it is marked US with the anchor, thus it is Navy. This was for the quad AA guns on the battleships and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1.1%22/75_caliber_gun
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used to play with those on the battleship Texas when I was a kid.

?

Thanks for the info.. I just wasn't sure of how a Russian soldier could have brought it back from the war. I was thinking, it may have been a lend lease type of ammo..

MAP
    ?

Not as far as I have read. Who knows, he could have picked it up at a flea market. We all know how vet stories get mixed up by the families

Was this vet living in the US?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah. Your right. Story goes, he immigrated to US and pass not to long ago.
    Yep. Who knows where he got it.