Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help needed ID ing these practise rounds

Article about: I have been told that because these are blue that they are dummy, or practise rounds. Since there is no way you can arm them, I feel that info is correct. But what are they? US? Russian? I h

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default help needed ID ing these practise rounds

I have been told that because these are blue that they are dummy, or practise rounds. Since there is no way you can arm them, I feel that info is correct. But what are they? US? Russian? I had to scan each item twice because they are too long for my scanner. The RPG (if that what it is) is approx. 8.2 cm x 55 cm. The bomb is a little larger than that. Are they worth anything at all? I have NO idea of their worth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help needed ID ing these practise rounds   help needed ID ing these practise rounds  

help needed ID ing these practise rounds   help needed ID ing these practise rounds  

Default Re: help needed ID ing these practise rounds

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    I have been told that because these are blue that they are dummy, or practise rounds. Since there is no way you can arm them, I feel that info is correct. But what are they? US? Russian? I had to scan each item twice because they are too long for my scanner. The RPG (if that what it is) is approx. 8.2 cm x 55 cm. The bomb is a little larger than that. Are they worth anything at all? I have NO idea of their worth.
    The first one is a practice hedgehog anti submarine bomb...BILL
    Attached Images Attached Images help needed ID ing these practise rounds 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

PRACTICE rounds are designed to be fired as a cheap alternative to LIVE rounds and can still present a risk,from propelling charges ,tracer elements ,spotting charges etc

Bill im sorry but i have to disagree with your initial id on picture 1,,This is a USA Practice Airdropped Bomb,this would upon impact emit a flash and puff of smoke indicating where it had landed,several varients of this design exist 5lb , 10 lb ,i have attatched a drawing of the 10lb BDU 48/B ,Odessa to help get a 100% positive id of this practice bomb can you tell me whats on the white writing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help needed ID ing these practise rounds   help needed ID ing these practise rounds  

Ok also got the rocket for you as well,,Its a German practice rocket for the POST ww2 PzF 44 .Theres plenty of info on line ref the launcher but cant find much on the rocket its self
    a little bit at this link German Panzerfaust, WWII - Inert-Ord.net

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.